Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning! Annoying start to the day as the toaster died on my husband. How can a man moan so much? I found a fuse in the "allsorts" drawer. No not the fuse! It is dead, however note to self, that drawer needs a clearout. Made toast on the grill.
    Yesterday the weather was wonderful. At the moment it is cloudy here but the forecast is good for later so looking forward to a few hours at the allotment. The tomatoes are eventually going to their permanent positions in the greenhouse.

Comment

• Morning I was out in the garden earlier moving cloches, watering and generally looking around before the sun gets hot , it does look like we're in for good Bank holiday weather and that does make a change.

Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        I’ve been awake for hours
        Having said that, it was lovely to see the moon with Saturn and Jupiter close by and the heavy mists slowly appearing. They seem to be lifting now, so another lovely day of sunshine promises.....

Naturally....I think it’s about time the kettle earns its keep.....

Dippy eggs for breakfast me thinks.....mmmm...

More gardening for me today...anyone got anything else on for the Bank Holiday?
        Last edited by Nicos; 31-05-2021, 05:03 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning
          I will grab a tea and join you , gh open and plants checked for slugs .
          Lovely morning, no plans here yet other than 2xdog walks again shortly.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning Nicos, CG and all

mmm dippy eggs and coffee

Already been out and about down the lotty, making an actively aerated compost tea for a friend. Bit nippy for comps tea at 7.5c but it's due for a warm one today so it should catch up.

Enjoy the bank holiday
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning

I'm loving these early morning walks around the garden clutching my mug of tea I miss them in winter. Back in doors now to have breakfast.

No real plans Nicos will probably either be in the garden or out for a stroll.

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, all.

Another overnight downpour. Ordinarily, I'd be dead pleased. But it's holding me up at the moment, the ground is so soggy. Went on another snail and slug hunt on the bits I can walk on. Easy three hundred snails and about twenty slugs. I've discovered what the slug 'orgies' are. Not orgies at all but banquets. Seems they love dead snails... Anyway that plus all the snails I've dealt with in the last few days makes about 800 so far. Really hate doing it, but there are tons more, plus the ones I chucked into the top field in the hope they will stay there rather than make their way back into the veg patch.

Loads to keep me busy indoors this morning, but then the day's my own. The weather forecast says it'll be cloudy; Mr Snoop says it'll be a nice day. Whatever it is, there are brassicas desperate to get in the ground.

Hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you get up to. Smiles in the bag, as per. And a big hug for LD, as per.

Comment

• Morning all.

Second brew on if anyone wants a cuppa, H/M shortbread in the tin. Not a breath of wind. I agree about being early in the garden, Bren, best time of the day, and only birdsong to hear.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Early mornings and evenings I like in the garden.
                    Last night we sat watching mayflies dancing around.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy here so far. I'm sowing some squash seeds in the bed I cleared yesterday in the hope that it's not too late to get a harvest of something at least. Trying to find my growing mojo as my son says he'll help me with the physical stuff. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Goo morning all.
                        Another beautiful sunny morning.
                        Today we are going to the zoo.
                        This will be our grandsons first visit.
                        He is coming up to three years old and has been talking about the animals all the week.
                        So looking forward to seeing it through his eyes.
                        Have a great day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all

Just potted on six Stevia plants. Sown 30 Kohl Rhabi ,30 beetroot and some spinach in modules. Next door neighbour has just given me a courgette and cucumber plant for the allotment.
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Snadger, do you grow a particular variety of kohl rabi? I'm a bit confused about sowing dates. I could do with sowing more, but for some reason have got it into my head that I should be sowing it later, say late June.

Comment

• It’s June tomorrow Snoop...keep up lass!!!

I’ve only had one successful kohlrabi crop here and I planted them out late summer and took them pre Xmas.

Not sure why but I got the impression that most ‘ Chinese’ veg do better as either spring or autumn as they don’t like the heat of our summers.
                              Probably a load of rubbish but I’m sure I read that somewhere????

OK....everyone ready for another brew???
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                It’s June tomorrow Snoop...keep up lass!!!
                                Yes, but not "late June"... That said, you're right. I am struggling to keep up generally.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X