X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
    Anyone doing strawberries?

Apparently it's going to be a good yr for them , big fat juicy ones due to cool long winter
    Well, we have a lot of strawberry plants but the frost caught the first flush of blossom...I thought they had leafed up well over winter!
    Fingers crossed then!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I’ve just made OH a brew and although I’ve cleared up well in the kitchen....I noticed I need to scrub the kitchen floor .... and my iPad! after my baking session
      Please tell me I’m not the only messy baker/ cook?

Comment

• Afternoon, It’s not just you Nicos I only have to open the flour packet and I’m covered in it
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^I've given up trying to open jars of beetroot. I rather cheat and just pass them straight to Mr Snoop with a warning to watch out for the juice...

Comment

• Good Evening All Second Covid jab this morning incredible weather here again, thunder and hail then bright sunshine in alternate measure. Lights replaced in kitchen and dining room, bulk heads they look really neat. In work tomorrow so see you early doors. Have a lovely evening
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Yep,another messy so and so here,1 tip is,when doing jam,keep a mop at the ready for the floor as it happens,less to tread about,
              Good news is,it seems like the first 5 jars i done are ok,scrapped the cold pan for a taste on bread yum yum,this batch is blueberry,strawberry and a few cherries,tomorrow will be rhubarb and ginger,will get it out in a bit and leave it overnight.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I have strawberries outdoors and they are covered in blossom this year.
                I have some plants in a couple of window boxes in the greenhouse.
                The berries are beginning to turn now.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mmmmm Lottie! I bet your house smells utterly devine at the moment?

Comment

• Good Morning All Beautiful sunny day for now. Have a good day All​​​​​​
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Sunny here too ... and 5 degrees, but doesn't feel that cold.
                      Off to North Lincs today visiting relatives, it's been a while.

Kettles on on so help yourselves
                      See you later
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                        I will have a tea MrB. Enjoy your family meet.
                        Sunny and cool here but more heavy rain from 12oclock .
                        My clay doesn't need more water.
                        Last edited by Containergardener; 20-05-2021, 05:29 AM.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning Mr Bones and all. I'll have another cuppa, thanks Mr B

The sky is completely overcast here, a solid blanket of cloud, not a chance of the sun peeking through that. It's cooler too but I can't be precise, the battery has gone on the outside thermometer - it's an AAA so doesn't last long. Need to think about getting rechargeables for it maybe...
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all. Up supposedly with the lark. Actually, I did get up but I didn't do what I meant to. I have absolutely no willpower it would seem!

Otherwise all good, apart from the fact that my hand is being attacked by Frankie, whose favourite hiding place turns out to be underneath my computer stand. He's clearly doing a better job of dusting in there than I am. The shame of it. Roll on the day he's too big to fit under there.

Very busy day today. And tomorrow, but then it's all calming down a bit.

Catch you all later. Have a great day. With lots of smiles, naturally.

Comment

• Morning a cool start to the day and some rain due soon so I've been in the garden earlier picking what I needed for todays meals. It sounds like Frankie is settling in nicely Snoop.

Enjoy your visit Mr B
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning just popping in to say hello. Hope this finds you all well.
                                Its lovely out this morning but the rain is on its way!
                                Domestics for me today, oh the joys. Hope you all have a fab day, off for a catch up, see you later. x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X