This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Sunny here too ATM, the sun really lifts the spirits, doesn't it. Second brew's on if anyone's in need of another.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Started gardening, got a wood planter re-painted, canes in ready for some sweet peas, emptied 2 troughs of old mint then rain stopped play.
      Been keepjng an eye on older dog. Had to take her for xray too yesterday to check her leg swelling wasn't anything broken, thankfully wasn't. Tendon is in tact but swelling still there. She is on strict rest until see vet again next week. Was odd walking one dog without the other this morning.
      Sun is shining but it's still raining , that fine drenching stuff.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon, spent the day in my GH some weeding then I planted Basil in the GH border. Just had to come indoors to sort out this evening meal so thought I'd have a read with my mug of tea.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lunch out today, sitting in the sun. Far too hot and am feeling a bit feverish. Time for lots of tea and rest this evening.

Not done much other than that as yet. Was hoping to plant out my peppers and aubergines this evening, but might leave that till tomorrow morning, first thing.

Hope you all had a good day and have a nice evening. I'll let a lot of smiles out of the bag and hope they reach you.

Comment

• Good evening all.
            The weather was beautiful today.lFamily came in for a late lunch.
            How lovely it was to have us all together again,
            All gone home now and nothing to do but tidy up,
            Everything is growing so fast, lots of watering as we had no rain.
            Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

We’ve had amazingly heavy rain with sunny spells and thunder and lightning for most of the day. Everywhere is sodden.

We worked on the camper today and it was great fun sitting inside during the heavy downpours. Almost as exciting as sitting inside a greenhouse watching the rivulets of rain pouring down the roof and sides

It must have been lovely being with your family Bramble.

Hope you are OK Snoop??
              I’ll add to your bag of smiles if there’s room...I saw my first redstart of the year this afternoon!

CG....glad it’s not too serious with your dog - poor thing though , she must be feeling left out
              Last edited by Nicos; 16-05-2021, 08:30 PM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hello all. Sorry I haven’t been around for a while.

I bought a new lawn mower last week. The old one I lent to a friend with a pocket handkerchief lawn expecting her OH to mow the grass and I take the mower home again. He put it in his shed. It doesn’t owe me anything so I decided to invest in a new one. My grass is so long my dogs disappear in it but it’s too wet to cut. I could get the strimmer out but I’m not sure I can start it.

Which brings me to the post to my sons fiancé today. I was explaining the reason for me buying a new mower when autocorrect stuck its oar in and changed strim to strip and strimmer to strummer. Now it depends how you view things but...
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull at the moment. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all
                    Dull here too but it's early yet so maybe it'll improve. At least the wood pigeons aren't dancing on the roof tiles today

Have fun
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                      Bit of blue /bit of grey but it's been 7deg in the greenhouse.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Having rained most of the night we actually have sun pouring in through the windows!
                        Everything looks so fresh and sparkly

Te he Bones...we have clog dancing birds in the metal gutters!

I have absolutely no idea what today has in store, (deffo got to get the washing machine earning its keep ) but the kettle has just boiled so that a good start at least
                        Feel free to yourselves.

Good to see you Janie.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sun has appeared here too
                          Better get on with the duel dog walking. Old dog isn't going to be happy with another tiny walk, luckily she is a greedy lab so a stuffed kong will help to ease these things.

Off to put some things outside. Forecast more heavy rain this afternoon
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all

A bit overcast this morning but at least its not raining. Nothing planned for today so I'll just take it as it comes..

TTFN
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning a dry start but rains due soon no real plans today only seed sowing and I can do that in the GH.

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                              . At least the wood pigeons aren't dancing on the roof tiles today Have fun
                              Here they sit on the chimney calling to each other so we hear it in the room below
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                The sun is shining and the laundry is on the line.
                                Our libraries are open again so a trip is on my list today.
                                Heavy showers forecast but perhaps we will be lucky and we will miss them.
                                NIcos, sounds like you're having fun building your camper van.
                                Snoop, hope Frankie is behaving.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse