This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

Up with the larks today. It will probably be a case of 'Carry on concreting' for me today. Did some work on front steps yesterday and some kindly person decided to put a foot in my cement. Don't know who, but I had to rush out with trowel and level it out again before it fully dried.
    I need desperately to spend some time at allotment and may try to get there today for a couple of hours.

TTFN
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      Did some work on front steps yesterday and some kindly person decided to put a foot in my cement. Don't know who, but I had to rush out with trowel and level it out again before it fully dried.
      Lucky that you spotted it Snadge and still wet enough to smooth over. Would be such a shame to have the edge taken off all your hard work..

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
        Grey here but not raining as yet.
        Was forecast yesterday so OH cut the grass after work.. it didn't rain then.
        Was 7 outside last night. Planning to get some things in the ground today , some weeding etc.

We have a limping older dog today, did something on her run around the forest yesterday morning I think. Usually OK after rest but she is still not putting her foot down. Shall be trying to get hold of the vet this morning.
        Last edited by Containergardener; 15-05-2021, 06:02 AM.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Been out spreading my sheep muck compost. 10 cm looks like a heck of a lot. If the locals come round, they'll think I'm a barmy foreigner who's got no idea what she's doing. I spread it about a bit and now there's maybe 5 cm. Still looks a lot, just sitting on the surface. Mr Snoop says I should follow instructions and put on at least 10, but I just can't bring myself to do it. No cardboard either, so I'm totally breaking the rules. Anyway, toms going out in that today. Let's see how they fair.

Other than that, Frankie is already spending longer periods awake. Unfortunately, she's got mucky eyes, so need to find a solution for that. Cleaning them for her isn't doing much good. One of the dogs is trying to play with her, another is vaguely trying to mother her, but only very vaguely, and the other one (45 kg Bouvier cross) is in absolute terror of her. She's still just about small enough to fit in the palm of my hand, but she can't half nip. She play fights with me and then, when it's time to sleep, she curls up inside Mr Snoop's hoodie. I can't help but think I've got the wrong end of the deal. The two older cats can't stand the sight or smell of her.

And then I need to do a bit of paid work too. Plus friends coming for a distanced supper. So, it's all go the day.

Right, better get on with things. Have a good day, everyone. With plenty of smiles, of course. I let a few out yesterday for an overnight delivery. Hope they reach you OK.

Comment

• Hope your dog is OK, CG.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sopping wet outside, even though it’s finally stopped raining.

Hope it’s something simple with your dog CG...poor thing

We had avery decent brunch this morning - homemade bacon with eggs and bought English muffins!
              OH spotted them on our last Grory Hop .... along with fresh crumpets! ( guess what’s in our freezer now!)

Snadge.... OH repaired a concrete step up into our barn when we first came here.
              I asked him to cover it in his hand prints to create a novel non-slip roughened surface instead of the bog standard roughened surface.
              It always brings a smile to my face when I go into the barn.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly day. We've got a couple of paw prints in the concrete around the fence posts, a constant pleasant reminder of our German Shepherds, although I think we were annoyed when we first noticed, it makes me smile now they're long gone
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Late morning all.
                  A very grey wet morning here.
                  Its OH birthday and we had planned a day trip but its miserable at the moment.
                  So it will be a "play it by ear day".
                  Enjoy, whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,same old here,hope you get the poor dog sorted,frankie sounds so tiny,you doing a great job with her,some domestics need carrying out,the kitchen floor will not mop it's self,see you later's,have a good day and Bgood2yourselves
                    happy birthday MR bramble
                    Last edited by lottie dolly; 15-05-2021, 10:34 AM.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Happy burpday MrB...I’m sure you’ll have a lovely day!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Happy Sundays one and all

The sun's out so I'm getting an early start

Enjoy your day
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                          Grey and cool here , showers forecast again .
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all

Will I get some bricklaying done today? We'll just have to see what the weather has in store, but it doesn't look good at the mo.
                            Maybe time to fire up the woodburner again!

TTFN
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning it looks like we're due rain later so I've already been out in the garden, things are looking good and butts are full after all the rain we've been having.

Enjoy your Sunday.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny. Have a lovely Sunday ​​​
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X