This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all, Morning FF and Mr Bones.

Perfect gardening conditions at the moment. A thin haze of cloud in the sky and 13 ºC. Just nice for a bit of weeding and scything before it gets too hot.

Got a lot on today. But gardening-wise, as well as weeding and scything, toms and peppers to be planted out this evening and will start on getting another couple of beds ready.

Right, better get a move on. Have a good day all. Don't forget to take a great load of smiles on the way out.

Comment

• Morning all

Dry and bright here.

I may get a few more courses of bricks laid today if weather permits. Grass is ready for its second cut also.

TTFN
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning
        Yes Nicos I love curlews ,hearing them after winter always makes me feel good. They nest in the fields round here, farmers have to allow for it.

Bit overcast after lovely sunshine earlier have taken plants out of the gh . Forecast some heavy rain showers I now notice. It's warm though.
        Right need to decide if these toms are going to mums today or another day. Was 8.9 in temporary gh tent last night and could be colder tonight.
        Dogs to walk , enjoy your day .
        Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Morning all

Dry and bright here.

I may get a few more courses of bricks laid today if weather permits. Grass is ready for its second cut also.

TTFN
          Our grass too , feel free to cut ours.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning we're due for more rain today just when I'd planned on emptying my GH and pressure washing inside and out. Will wait for a better day to do it.

Those burgers do look good MrB
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Warm night here and we actually had the bedroom window open a tad all night.
              We could here the crickets most of the night so they must have felt it was warm enough to be out too!

Quick Grory Hop at some point today, but other than that, not sure which job on ‘the list’ I’ll tackle - depends on the weather I suppose.

Time for a quick brew though of course....
              Enjoy your day peeps!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• well its warwmer here today but ... looks like rain most of the week think its going to be a coffee day today ... Might play with my radio gear
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• HI five's all,i was locked out this place,after messing around i finally sent a PM to a mod,then all of a sudden am in again,sorry not been in for a while,but my head is all over the place,we still do not have a date,what i did found out a few days ago was,it is down to our buyers,initially,then their so called solicitors,a few times they have submitted a document a t??,but not done it correctly,even sent the same 1 twice,our new place is being threatened with being withdrawn,and remarketed,i hope is just a threat,i have spoken directly to their selling agent,and our solicitors,as you can imagine,my head is shot.
                  The good news is,we were away with respite care for us both over the holiday,what a lovely family bonding we had,it has re enforced all the reasons for our move,it was spoild a bit by the email with the bad news as above,so in all,we could have been sighned up a month ago,hope all are well,have a good afternoon all,stay safe and Bgood2yourselves
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• ^Fingers crossed for you, LD. But glad you had a good respite care time.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      Heavy showers this afternoon stopped all the gardening.
                      Then I got a phone called l offering me a have it app as they had a cancellation.
                      Delighted to say hair is now back to normal cut and colour.
                      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine and mild. Kitchen getting a coat of paint today, not by me, I'm going to work. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo , have a good day at work , hope the painting goes well.

Was awake with the birdsong this morning, then couldn't sleep so was up and got the washer on, 5degrees and sunny outside so everyone is out of the greenhouse apart from very young.
                          There was a slug strolling along on one of the top trays on tall staging. Cheek of it
                          We have Sun this morning then mid afternoon rain is to return . Need to slot in some work time too
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning Flo, CG and all

7c and bright

Enjoy your day folks
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

One new addition to the household now in residence. Supposedly two months old and female, but I've just discovered she is in fact a he. And if he's four weeks it's a miracle. He could be as young as two weeks, as his eyes look like they've only just opened. We've managed to raise very small kittens in the past, but immune problems arise due to lack of mother's milk. Anyway, we'll give him the best chance he's got. He's certainly game. Going to be a problem for our existing ageing tom. He's not going to like a young male on his turf. This isn't what we signed up for, but what can you do? You can't send a rescue cat back. But whoever found him would have done well to have left him where he was and watched for a bit to see if mum came back to retrieve him.

Gardening news: hailstorm last night. Managed to get my plants under cover sharpish. Low of 6 ºC in the night, might hit 5 ºC tonight and tomorrow. But some of them have to go out and take their chances. Bit more scything and raking and Mr Snoop says he'll try and give some more beds a once over.

So, masses to do today. Better get going. Smiles galore.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Another night with the bedroom window open!...brill

If anyone needs an excuse to celebrate...tis my daughter’s burpday today- first time since she became a mom. I think she’ll look at burpdays slightly differently from now on

A little rescue kitten Snoop?...good for you - (would now be a good time to think of getting a female kitten too so they can interact and learn together?...just a thought!)
                                So...come on....what’s the little lad like and has he got a name yet? awwww.
                                I’d love another kitten/ cat, but “sweet,butter wouldn’t melt huntress Hibou” attacks cats and dogs in her territory ​​​​​​ There are so many ferrule cats here

Another gardening day for me today- need to get some seeds planted!

Right...time for another brew...
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X