This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evenin n’alln’all
    Many thanks for your kind wishes - we had a great day thanks!
    Off up to the coast and had a bbq of sausages on the cliff tops.
    It was lovely and hot in the sun but by heck it was nippy when the sun went behind the clouds .
    A strong sea breeze added to the chill too, but it was really lovely watching swallows and swifts skimming above a field of beans.
    There was a sky lark singing it’s little heart out from time to time and in the distance we could see paragliders catching the thermals.
    A few light aircraft passing by and quite a few small boats added to the interest.
    And goodness me , there seem to be hundreds of fields of bright yellow rapeseed this year!( smells wonderful)
    It does you good to do something completely different doesn’t it?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all
      Glad you had a lovely day Nicos
      8 degrees in the GH but already already got the hokey cokey done because of wind and heavy rain forecast. Just spitting as I finished and now it's quite steady.

Happy Saturdays
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, Mr Bones. Morning, all. Glad you had a nice day, Nicos. Sounds lovely.

Off out to do a bit more gardening work. Then Mr Snoop is going to give me a hand with the tomato structure. And then this evening, I'll plant them out. Still a bit short (12 cm, maybe), but they're really strong and sturdy and a nice green. Due to be breezy on Tuesday (40 kmph forecast), but they'll be getting their sea roots by then. The bought plug plants are quite a bit taller, but have good sturdy stems too.

Off to see a man about a rotavator this morning. Feels like cheating, but there you go. One thing Mr Snoop says: I'll be glad of a big one in the years after a flood year. Anyway, maybe we won't like it. Or Mr Snoop will decide it's not worth the money.

Right, better knock back my cup of tea and step on it.

Have a good one. Looks like the smiles are keen to get up this morning. I'll leave them by the kettle.

Comment

• Morning all.

Shopping today, raining at moment so no plans other than that.

TTFN
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            ta muchly for the brew and smiles Snoop - I think I accident.y let a few more escape ...so if anyone if feeling unusually happy today you can blame it on me!

Cant believe the difference in the weather today - far too windy and rainy for a trip to the beach...we were very lucky yesterday!

I seem to be feeling ridiculously hungry this morning - probably because I’ve been researching simple but very tasty one pan/ tray bake meals for the camper. It’ll be good to make different things - all part of the adventure

We bought an omnia stove top oven so we’ll try out a few things in that before experimenting in the camper.

Right...time for another brew - you know me, always time for a cuppa

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here. Sounds like a lovely day Nicos. I'm trying bread again today, can't seem to get it right! Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. It rained all night and the sun is just trying to break through.
                Hoping to get out to play pitch and putt later.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
                  It's wet and cold out there today. Not a day to be pottering outside.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Raining most of the time here too so cut some blue pipe down in the garage ready for taking to cover cabbages that are ready to go out and after watching a few vids about making veggie burgers have knocked a batch up ready for cooking (probably tomorrow).
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• ^If you've got any key tips to share Mr Bones, I'd be glad to hear them. I make carrot and chickpea burgers (BBC website) and they taste delicious but they're not easy to get to hold together. First time I made them, I had beginners luck and they worked a treat. Thereafter, very soft and crumbly.

Comment

• Still raining
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          ^If you've got any key tips to share Mr Bones, I'd be glad to hear them. I make carrot and chickpea burgers (BBC website) and they taste delicious but they're not easy to get to hold together. First time I made them, I had beginners luck and they worked a treat. Thereafter, very soft and crumbly.
                          I used half a mug of dried red lentils (soaked for an hour then cooked in a little water with a stock cube)
                          Blended two handfuls of rolled oats with a handful of walnuts, half an onion, tbsp of dried oregano, black pepper, 2tsp of maggi seasoning, tsp of dark soy and tsp of sweet smoked paprika. Then blended the cooked lentils into it.
                          Tomorrow I'll shape them (with wet hands) and bake in a hot oven for 20-30 mins on parchment.

The paste as is tastes alright, some recipes called for more soy and even Marmite but I'll experiment with another batch, this one didn't need any more salt. One chap added a handful of gram flour to his mix to help bind it together, will have to see what happens as they cook.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Thanks, Mr Bones. They sound good.

Comment

• Mmmm!^^^^!

well, what a lovely late afternoon/ early evening it’s turned out to be here
                              We sat outside and ate pizzas and salad and didn’t even need coats!
                              Just come in but it’s still doable out there. What a difference a southerly wind makes

Comment

• Morning all

Overcast and still raining but 13 degrees (agree about that southerly breeze Nicos ). Forecast to brighten up later

Enjoy the weekend folks
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X