Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from Grory hopping and got quite a few bargains!
    OH will be sending you some spare smiles snoop....I’ve just come back with a selection of about 50 bottles of decent beer for less than 20€.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon still wet windy and cold here I've been as far as the GH but thats about it I did sow a few seeds while I was out there just to get my daily gardening fix
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well so far today I put some food on the bird table and tipped the bucket of water that had filled from shed into water butt.
        Watched a bit of gardening of tv , made tagine,lit the fire and started reading. Feels like a wet November day and still the dogs to walk in it yet.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
          Well so far today I put some food on the bird table and tipped the bucket of water that had filled from shed into water butt.
          Watched a bit of gardening of tv , made tagine,lit the fire and started reading. Feels like a wet November day and still the dogs to walk in it yet.
          Putting off giving my dog his second walk of today in the hope it will stop raining? Not much chance of that though as it appears to be set in.
          It was nice this morning though and I managed to get part of a bed prepared for planting tatties............then the rain came.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Putting off giving my dog his second walk of today in the hope it will stop raining? Not much chance of that though as it appears to be set in.
            It was nice this morning though and I managed to get part of a bed prepared for planting tatties............then the rain came.
            We went out as the rain had eased, of course it started tipping it again so soon as we got out. Even with a patch of blue sky. 5degrees feels alot colder.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening all. We had the rain the first part of the day so got some gardening done this afternoon.
              Did some weeding, added more supports to the sweetpeas and fed all my tomatoes.
              Planted up some containers with pansies, lobelia, geraniums and verbena.
              all now under cover for the night.
              Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Wow ...it's windy out there.

Comment

• Ok you lot!...would you mind keeping this wind to yourselves?

The rain I don’t mind cos we’re in need of that....
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Don't blame me for the wind ..I'm not windy
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Yayy and now there's rain.

Comment

• Morning all.

Very chilly last night. Even a touch of frost in cold pockets. The plug plants Mr Snoop bought won't like their new accommodations at the moment, but fortunately it's due to warm up at night in a couple of days.

Plug plants are so cheap here. There's a particular Spanish variety called Rosa (or Rosado) de Barbastro, named after a small town in northern Aragon where supposedly they're from. Probably my favourite toms ever. Trade in seeds seems to be a protectionist racket. You can buy enormous quanties from the Rosa de Barbastro Tomato Board for 16 euros in Spain and, oddly, ten seeds for seven euros in France. I can't find seeds anywhere other than the official board in Spain. Or you can get a foot-tall plug plant for 45 cents. Presumably grown from one of the enormous quantities of seeds. This wasn't from my usual nursery but what is now going to be my usual nursery: not only are the plug plants slightly cheaper than at the usual place, they're also better. Really healthy, glossy green, red and yellow peppers and lovely furry aubergine plants.

Right, that's enough cooing over something no-one else is interested in. When there's Nicos's beer to swoon with jealousy about. Not surprised there are spare smiles round your way, Nicos.

Loads of things to do. So many it's not a good idea to even count them as it'll only remind me what they all are.

Spare smiles from Nicos added to the bag. Should make for interesting times in there. Probably got a lot to chat about. Sourires meet smiles and sonrisas... Could be loads more tomorrow... Help yourselves.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all
                          Rain came down in sheets yesterday evening and the wind was blowing a right old hoolie in the night, much worse than it had been in the afternoon. Still blowy now and set to stay like it until early afternoon.

Happy days

I'll get the kettle on, help yourselves
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Snoop, MrB
                            Heavy rain in the night. Puddles of water around my lovely clay. Light at the moment so time to chance the dogs walk.
                            I doubt a gardening day is on the cards.
                            Enjoy whatever you do.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                              Rain came down in sheets yesterday evening and the wind was blowing a right old hoolie in the night, much worse than it had been in the afternoon. Still blowy now and set to stay like it until early afternoon.
                              We're sharing the same weather MrB the winds really howling in the chimneys but like you say its supposed to ease of this afternoon. Gardens had a good watering and my butts are full.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'll have another cuppa with you, Mr B, thanks

It's good to see the garden wet for a change. The first significant rain we've had since mid March and I just hope the wind that's still blowing doesn't dry it all up again.

Hope nobody has lost anything in the winds. I had to bring in my plastic cloches as they were impossible to keep down, and leave the seedlings to take their chances last night. Apart from standing in now full watering trays, they seem OK
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X