Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far we have had light rain , hail and currently another rain shower. Have been to greenhouse and moved plants outside for a shower.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Decided to have lunch today so ate outside.
      Had to come in to cool off!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I notice we have a warning that the Vine will bedown later.
        Always good to know

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Decided to have lunch today so ate outside.
          Had to come in to cool off!
          Could do with putting the heating on here again.
          Northern England.

Comment

• ^^^^ oh dear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post

Could do with putting the heating on here again.
              I have the heating on, the gas fire on and will shortly light the woodburner! Its bladdy freezing but I refuse to go back to wearing long trousers.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I've had the heating on all day an didn't put any plants into the greenhouse. Temps are looking chilly here till at least the end of next week.
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Off to the gh I went potting on and pricking out. Seedlings are almost plant in some trays.

Do we think the potted on rudbeckia seedlings , well couple inches tall will be ok in blowaway tonight that's inside the greenhouse?
                  Last edited by Containergardener; 27-04-2021, 04:42 PM.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• We only had one shower here today.
                    The ground is rock hard.
                    Spent a bit of time weeding and noticed all the dahlias are up.
                    More potting on, plants are getting so big and needing to be planted out.
                    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, guys.

Drizzling out and a bit chilly but nowhere like as cold as some of you seem to suffering. Looks like this will continue for the next few days. Hope things warm up for you over there.

Just as well I got up reasonably early. Caught a slug just about to have breakfast, my lettuce seedlings. Doesn't take long for the those little green shoots that fill me with such optimism to end up as leafless little stalks. But it reminded me I need to go on a snail gathering mission. There are hundreds underneath a piece of tarpaulin in the veg patch. Not very sure what to do with them, though. I'm not generally squeamish, but we're talking bucket loads of them. I've read that if you release them, they'll eventually make their way back. Might have to move them under cover of darkness. Not because the farmers would be appalled at me exporting all these plant predators but because the locals would think I'm mad not eating them. Most of our snails are edible, apparently. Not by me, though.

Busy day again today, but going to try and find time during a dry spell to inspect the veg patch and do a bit more scything.

Hope you all have a good day. Bag of smiles over by the kettle. Help yourselves, as per.

Comment

• Mornin Snoopn’all!

Frosty here...brrrr!

Why not ask your neighbours if they want your snails snoop?- they may well be delighted to have them or know someone who’d love to have them

We have one or two of the edible snails wandering around our garden. Huge white/ cream coloured things, but we leave them be.
                        They don’t seem to have increased in numbers over the years - I think the thrushes must be controlling their numbers?

Did anyone see the super moon over the past couple of days? We had a great view of it Monday evening. I think there is supposed to be another one next month too.

I woke up with hay fever this morning - bad enough to have to take an antihistamine .... it’s exhausting sneezing and snotting isn’t it?
                        Ah well - I’ve recovered enough to enjoy a nice mug of hot tea.
                        Plenty spare - help yourselves, and ta muchly for the smiles this morning snoop - good timing.

Breakfast this morning courtesy of Hibou was a twig. How thoughtful

see ya later peeps.....enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all
                          It rained yesterday... not sure how much we had but last night it was quite steady.
                          Quick question - how do I put multiple quotes into a post? It cropped up yesterday and I just cannot see how to do it. Thanks in advance

Enjoy the day
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                            Lovely sunny, but cooler start no frost though.
                            Taking mum for 2nd vaccine this morning, collect dog food, collect rest of prescription.
                            I better get out with these dogs.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Cool here too. I got out of bed earlier to turn the central heating on. It looks like it might rain but I'm not holding my breath. I've never cooked snails but I must admit that I quite enjoy eating them. I used to like watching net bags of them trying to creep across the market stalls in Spain.
                              Care home visiting this morning. This afternoon depends on the weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                                Quick question - how do I put multiple quotes into a post? It cropped up yesterday and I just cannot see how to do it. Thanks in advance

Enjoy the day
                                MrB to get multi quotes this is what you do -

1 click the 'post reply' button at the top left of the page,
                                2 click quotes you want
                                3 go back and click the 'post reply'' button again
                                the quotes will then appear in your post.

hope this helps.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X