Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bramble after potting on my Toms today they're a lot heavier so like you I'm hoping to be able to leave them in the GH permanently soon.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Electric fan ovens here . Never use the grill hardly. Like Bren no mains gas here and our heating is oil.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Evening
        Another day in the garden after going for my prescription, which they're having trouble getting one tablet (supplier issues)
        Gardening was very warm and involved weeding again.
        Was nice Sat out later but noted the midges were out. Cool again now , will it be a frost again .
        Northern England.

Comment

• Hello All,

Had a little potter in the greenhouse today. was quite pleased to see my watercress is coming along nicely. Im looking forward to a decent harvest.

i need to get my giant salad trough underway soon, its just finding the time!
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            Bramble after potting on my Toms today they're a lot heavier so like you I'm hoping to be able to leave them in the GH permanently soon.
            Bren, mine are the same and getting a bit too tall for carrying around.
            I am being cautious with the temperature dropping so low at night.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Took my tom seedlings and beans and courgettes (still at germinating stage) in last night. But left everything else out. Rain for the next few days, so that should mean warmer temps now. Could be we've seen the last of the frosts.

Another very early morning to make the most of the internet connection. Being very productive though, not using it during the day.

Mr Snoop has brought me back a lot of cardboard, so no-dig beds are a go-er. Just hope it works. Bit worried about using muck as compost even though Charles Dowding says it's OK. My pile of sheep muck looks very well rotted - it's fine, doesn't smell, no big clumps, no bedding material - but all my books seem full of advice like don't grow this in newly-mucked ground, don't grow that in newly-mucked ground. All a bit daunting.

The smiles are getting very cramped, so I've just let a load out. Hope you all manage to catch one.

Have a good day, catch you all later/tomorrow.

Comment

• Morning all
                I wouldn't worry about growing in recently mucked beds Snoop. Unless the mulch is way deep you'll be parting the muck layer to plant larger plants into the soil beneath and with smaller plants and seeds you can add a layer of shop compost to the planting hole or drill if needed.
                Your sheep muck sounds well rotted (muck envy ), it's most probably more decomposed and softer than our wood-shavingy compost (which when dry can be like broken weetabix ) and that still works well.

Cold wind yesterday, ended up fitting wind breaks round the sweet peas, hope it'll be warmer today

Happy Mondays
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all
                  Grey and overcast and still another frost . Bird bath frozen and droopy flowering plants everywhere.
                  Although showing a showery week, still low temperatures on a night.
                  Work, housework and greenhouse pricking out/potting on and seed sowing I think today.
                  Enjoy your day.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Blue skies, no frost and less windy today. Perfect gardening weather!

Another electric fan oven here too, but with bottled gas hobs.

Today is a good excuse to celebrate!.... it’s my youngest’s burpday! Hoping to have a long chat with him later.

Hibou has just presented me with a leaf so I think she might want feeding!

See ya later peeps!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Mornin n’alln’all

Hibou has just presented me with a leaf so I think she might want feeding!
                      Morning no frost just a GH overnight low of 3c it soon jumped up to 22c and my plants have been out there enjoying the sunshine for the past hour.

At least it wasn't a mouse this time Nicos.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Going to hopefully pick up a few bags of sand gravel and cement for my front step project. I went at about 1.00pm on Saturday to get it but JT Doves and Jewson's close at 12.00 on Sat and B&Q were a waste of time with no sand or gravel.

Hoping for a bright day and as well as concreting hope to get a few bricks laid. The only gardening planned for today is to overseed some worn areas on my lawn and possibly rake through my wildflower area and sow a few wildflower seeds.
                        Last edited by Snadger; 26-04-2021, 08:00 AM.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good Morning All Ended up I'm working from home today - went over on my ankle, laughed it off, but not laughing this morning Have good day and see you later
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all and what a glorious one it is.
                            There is no breeze at all and it's definitely a day to be outdoors.
                            Off to the park for my walk nathan back to the garden.
                            All my plants are out in the sun.

Flo, hope the ankle is not too painful.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Ouch Flo
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                                Morning all
                                I wouldn't worry about growing in recently mucked beds Snoop. Unless the mulch is way deep you'll be parting the muck layer to plant larger plants into the soil beneath and with smaller plants and seeds you can add a layer of shop compost to the planting hole or drill if needed.
                                Your sheep muck sounds well rotted (muck envy ), it's most probably more decomposed and softer than our wood-shavingy compost (which when dry can be like broken weetabix ) and that still works well.
                                Happy Mondays
                                Charles Dowding recommends 15 cm of compost on new no-dig beds, thereafter just one or two cms. Does that seem about right to you? The initial lot seems like a lot and even with five tonnes I might not manage that on all the beds.

Got some lovely brassica seedlings. I just love home-grown broccoli...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X