Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit late, but yes, I'm up for a cuppa, Nicos. I'll put the kettle on again.

Afternoon all. Bright and sunny, which is odd as clouds and rain were forecast. Anyway, very nice out there, except I'm stuck indoors working away. Sooner I get it done, though, the sooner I can go out and play.

Hope you're all having fun.

Comment

• Afternoon!
      I’ve just come in from working on one of the potagers - if it weren’t for the chill wind it’d be lovely to sit out in the sun, feet up, glass of something yummy, sun hat and a good book.
      yeh...I can dream on!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon all, just back from the surgery where I got my second vaccine.
        That's both of us vaccinated now T.G.
        Beautiful sunny afternoon but a little on the misty side.
        More potting on on the list of garden jobs.
        Have a good afternoon all

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,a lovely day again,done some domestics ,makes one feel better,plus passes time ,still in waiting,
          Sorry to hear about your horse Nicos,Snoop i hope you made it outside for a while,,we can tell the schools are open near us,the traffic is bad again,and so noisy,forgot what it was like before,some peeps with car windows open and bang bump from the radio,have a good evening all
          it is good more of are joining the vaccination club
          Last edited by lottie dolly; 23-04-2021, 02:31 PM.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lovely here today, 17°C and barely a breath of wind. Been on the lotty most of the day, just plottering and cultivating my social skills again..
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Evening its been shorts and t-shirt weather here so long as you didn't go in the shade. A bit of Shopping this morning then walking in the afternoon so a good day in all.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We had an indoor care home visit today, after a covid test and wearing full PPE. I have already ordered a new pair of hearing aids for her as local hospital have lost hers. The elderly relative is getting more and more detached from reality and I now begin to doubt if she can ever reintegrate into normal life. How much of this is down to covid I really don't know but the isolation and lack of care in hospital certainly hasn't helped.
                By the time we eventually got out of the "home" all I wanted was to go home, proper home, with my husband and have a proper cuddle. I could cry and I am not a sentimental person.....ever.
                We never got to the allotment today. Tomorrow I intend being there early and working all day.

Comment

• Evening
                  it's been lovely here, vest and shorts. Gardening /weeding rather. Tired again after a rubbish sleep last night too.

I think it's had an impact in a big way GF. Certainly mil before she died was going downhill without company in her care home, all she wanted was company. My dad is in dementia nursing but is unaware of the situation , full ppe for mum visiting . All very hard.

Enjoy your evenings.

Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Just listening to the 7am bells...lovely . I can hear them from both the villages this morning so without looking out of the window I can tell the air is still and calm.

Really sorry to hear about elderly relatives in hospital/ homes. My mother died last November after several weeks in hospital. Having lived on her own and confined to her flat ,she was delighted to have activity going on around her. I suppose it affects people in different ways.

Yesterday afternoon we had sunny weather too - it hit 19C in the sun Looks like today is going to be similar.
                    We don’t normally have lunch, but the weather just called for a light salad sitting on the patio. Perfick !

More scarifying for me today and sowing some salad crops under fleece.

kettles boiled...anyone fancy a brew?
                    Last edited by Nicos; 24-04-2021, 05:17 AM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning everyone
                      Thanks Nicos, I'll take you up on the offer of a brew.

No frost - at last. Sunny today and the forecast is good (makes a change for weekday workers to have decent weather at the weekend)

Enjoy the day
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Nicos , MrB
                        Tea for me please if there is any left.
                        No frost here and a touch cloudy and cool, forecast for sun 😎
                        So in the garden I shall be , weeding with supervision from the furball dogs.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'll have a second cup, Nicos, if the pot's still warm. it's a lovely morning, fresh but not too chilly. Halfway through the domestics already so the afternoon will be free, not that I've any plans. Maybe pot on some seedlings in dire need of bigger pots.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.
                            I have my work cut out for me today.My Grandson has volunteered to help me build a new set of steps outside to the front door.The old concrete steps have crumbled after being patched up for many years so the plan is to rip them out and build brick and paving flag treads along with a paved landing.
                            Quite a complicated procedure to keep things within building regs. I have a load of scrounged bricks to clean of old cement first.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              All the plants are outdoors sunning themselves.
                              No heavy work today as I have an achey arm after the vaccine.

Good luck with th steps Snadge, sounds like a lot of hard work
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine here and warming up. Washing out. Pies to be made today. Sailor Grandson is coming to say goodbye tomorrow. He's off on the 8-month tour on HMS Defender next week. Doesn't seem five minutes since he was a baby. Sorry to hear about the old folks. Have a good day All ​​​​​​
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X