This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

Another bed prepared and planted up with leeks yesterday. That's two beds of leeks and four beds of onions.

Long may the sunny weather last.

TTFN
    Attached Files
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Nice looking weed free plot you have Snadger.
      Just got back from the lotty, there was a slight frost after all.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
        Nice looking weed free plot you have Snadger.
        Just got back from the lotty, there was a slight frost after all.
        Thanks Mrr Bones,that half is weed free, tuther side isn't though. I really like my 2 foot wide beds and 14 inch paths, suits my style of gardening and is easier on the back. Would like to add cardboard and woodchip to the paths eventually.
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• We have a similar set up Snadger, mostly 1m beds and 18 inch paths. Let's us hop over beds instead of going round and straddle them if needed for working. Also having most of the beds the same width means nets and hoops fit easily.
          Last edited by Mr Bones; 20-04-2021, 08:34 AM. Reason: Typoo
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, No frosts here today

I've been in the garden early in my PJ's watering seedling and counting lettuce slugs can make them disappear overnight

Plots looking good Snadger.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, no frost here either.
              It rained overnight which was badly needed.
              Off out to the park and then to the butchers.
              While I was out at the street flower shop I picked up a tray of trailing geraniums.
              Job for the afternoon, planting up my window boxes.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, all.

Stayed up late to make the most of our internet connection (a bit dodgy at the moment), so had a good long lie-in this morning. It was all research for work, so I shall count it as part of my working hours. Only problem is there are only so many hours of daylight for garden work. Could someone do some sciency-fictiony thing and extend the day for me? Doesn't have to be everywhere. Just here.

So, loads to get through and no excuses now I've got all the facts, figures and dictionary work done.

Have a good one, everyone. Seeing as I'm late on parade, I'd better just let a load of smiles out the bag so they can find their way to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                  We have a similar set up Snadger, mostly 1m beds and 18 inch paths. Let's us hop over beds instead of going round and straddle them if needed for working. Also having most of the beds the same width means nets and hoops fit easily.
                  You must have longer legs than me. If I tried to straggle a 3 foot bed my crown jewels would rub along the middle.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good afternoon all,nice and sunny once more,today is catchup with the washing and pots,then of for a bimble about the home and garden,when i feel stressed it is nice to walk around the garden,and see whats new shooting up,and admire the lovely colours,by for now
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all. It's been a lovely sunny morning and looks set to continue, though the barometer is starting to drop now. We could certainly do with some rain, it's as dry as mid-summer here.
                      I'm off to my beekeeping assoc. apiary later to swap 3kg of beeswax for new foundation. I've been saving it, thinking to make candles, but I'll get more in honey season so I may as well swap it as pay for foundation, and it gives me space in the cupboard under the stairs too. . It's about 18 miles away, which will be the furthest I've travelled since winter 2019
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        It's about 18 miles away, which will be the furthest I've travelled since winter 2019
                        Might be wise to leave a trail of breadcrumbs Mothawk..
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post

You must have longer legs than me. If I tried to straggle a 3 foot bed my crown jewels would rub along the middle.
                          Oh boy....sometimes I really wish I didn’t have such an amazingly vivid imagination
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I think I may need to treat myself to a Hobnob to get over that thought....

Comment

• Oh errr Mrs....maybe that wasn’t such a good choice of biscuit either!

Comment

• ^^:d :d :d :d :d
                                Last edited by Containergardener; 20-04-2021, 03:18 PM.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X