X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice ponytail Burnie perhaps
    Northern England.

Comment

• Good day all, bit late on parade today.
      Congratulations on making your target weight Snadge.
      How will we recognise everyone when you're all slimmer and with new hair do's.
      Sun's out so off down the lotty next.
      Catch up with you later
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Pounds lighter now!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon peeps,well done lads on your weight loss,the bother is,it has landed on me ,hope i can get rid of it after we moved ,good luck slimmer hunting snoop,friday our heating packed up,we on a contract with them,now just remind me what that actually means,went through all the motions on phone,got nowhere,boy it was cold,luck son was here and checked things out,in the end a private plumber came,within the hour,it was blocked up with muck,in a very short time it was all fixed,i have a reciept for BG,this morning,got through to a live person,i was tolled how to get the money back,also booked a service,not coming till 7th may ,they have not done one for 2 years now,so got our money for nothing,will be changing when we moved,they are disgusting,not only with customers,talk about hair cuts,i must give my fizz a trim,then show it the dye,i have also been very good and now got some nails to paint,so make over here i come,maybe a bit of war paint,tomorrow we are to get our second phizer jab,so something else of the list,by ek the time,must go and start dinner .
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

its been glorious weather here today and I’ve spent most of it weeding . I can hardly move now

Captn....well done on that weight loss...that really is some achievement!

Nice hairdoes ladies! Bet you feel better for those?

Not the weather for no heating lottie - that is really frustrating to read, never mind having to put up with no heat.

Right...I need to have a well earned soak- beer/wine or a mug of tea in the bath?...what would you choose?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos I've never took a drink in the bath I'm in and out really quick.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I love a bath Bren!
                Its a ‘me time’ moment...not to be rushed!

Seeing as I’m dieting I plummed for a cold glass of water

I did however notice Ihave some strap marks from the sunshine! That’ll help my vitD levels
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hello All,

Not much happening in the garden today, just a general health check and a water Happy Wednesday
                  "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold and dark yet. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy today. Quite restful on the eyes but that's about the only good thing that can be said about it.

One of the dogs has learned how to open the door. It's driving me potty today, as I'm forever getting up to close it. Not sure what's up with her, as she seems to be pacing. In between getting up and down, I'm trying to work but not getting anywhere fast.

Will try and fit a bit more weeding in today after yesterday's light rainfall. But that's it for gardening. Looks like I might have got the snail, at least, as no more brassicas disappeared in the night.

Right, have a good one all. The bag is getting a bit unwieldy, so please take lots of smiles.

Comment

• Morning
                        Grey and overcast here with mist. Hoping it brightens and then il get myself outside. Had some light rain in the night so everywhere is damp.
                        Enjoy your day.

Anyone know about tree chippings/shreddings from local tree surgeon. If I was to put it on cardboard on flowerbeds as weed suppressant . I've read it needs to sit for a while first before using, how long ? A year?
                        Last edited by Containergardener; 14-04-2021, 06:59 AM.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I feel really cheerful today, for no particular reason. I really must move the raspberries today back to the bit of garden where they are escaping from, and rig up some chicken wire round the bird box the bluetits have chosen to build in. The one that is already protected, which they build in most years, is being used as a dormitory and the third box is constantly checked to make sure nobody else is using it. Very possessive, my bluetits, they are a 3 home family.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all
                            Glorious day, been out and about already, sun's shining, little breeze and above freezing at last (4C).

Re woodchips CG, best if you can leave them in a pile for a while even if only for a month. Cardboard is only necessary if you already have perennial weeds and for the first few applications a scattering of chicken manure pellets or BFB helps balance any nitrogen loss where the chips contact the soil.
                            Ideally a layer about 2 inches deep applied to a raked flat soil surface will suppress weed seed germination and still allow flowers to poke through.

Enjoy the day
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all, chilly with frost but at least the sun is shining. I need to try and get to the allotment today, looking forward to it.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning we have sunshine

My seedling are all outside and the Toms, cucs and courgettes have replaced them in the GH for the day enjoying the 24c temp.

Its frustrating Snoop our old collie used to open the back door so we used to keep it locked unless it was warm out is it possible to put a bolt on your door or maybe move the handle up higher.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X