This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All,

So far today we have had... Heavy rain, Snow and now glorious sunshine.

Not much planned for the garden today, might get on in the shed later on and build some much needed shelves.

Have a good day!
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Oh and now we have hail too!
      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
      - Henry Beard

Comment

• I had snow, whoopee it was like ash in the air and lasted about 5 mins but still...........
        East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• It is absolutely bitter out. We went for a "window visit" with my husband's sister in a care home and despite wrapping up warmly I felt as if my hands and feet were numb. My husband had been muttering about hot cross buns all yesterday and I did think about making some but I never got past the thought stage. I've just called in at the little Sainsburys and bought him a pack which we have now sampled (nice!). It is far too cold to do any gardenning today. I am now curled up indoors and hopefully I won't be sticking my nose outdoors again today.

Comment

• Tis bitter out there so no gardening.
            I finished off the hat ( I enjoyed making the bobble!)

Chatted with 3 friends so far...can’t see me achieving much more than nattering today and a soak in the bath!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Too cold for me out there. Would be lovely without the wind. Have done office work instead. Will walk the dogs again shortly .
              Northern England.

Comment

• Evening

I didn't go far today only into the GH to do some seed sowing enjoying the 20c heat it did feel odd because the snow was still on the ground at the time.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hi!
                  hope everyone is well..
                  apologies for a massive absence, i was actually googling what to do with a leaking water butt and the grapevine popped up as a suggestion.. i rememeber despairing last time I was on here at the forum and how glitches etc were ruining the experience!
                  I cant help but notice that the new forum seems to be much improved!
                  Is there a new protocol for uploading images - rather than photobucket links!?

<*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Morning All
                    Hiya Cptn good to see you again, re photos far as I remember it's the attachments icon, right hand side in the pale blue bar top of the reply box. There's a size limit so you might have to reduce them first. There might be other ways too, I'm sure someone will let you know.

Yesterday turned out nice for us, cold wind but bearable and nowhere near as bad as others had thankfully. -1C today, no frost and the sun's coming up

Enjoy your day
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

cptncrackoff, I'm no expert but I click the "Upload Attachment" button below the reply box and that seems to work for pictures. Not sure if there are other ways to share. We still have glitches from time to time, but there are definitely fewer.

Chilly start to the day. My car due for its six-monthly MOT (4x4 and very old, so local regs are for every six months). Fortunately it's later on, so with any luck the frost will have thawed of its own accord by then. Fingers crossed it passes. Might only have done 20 km in the last six months. By the time you add up the car tax and insurance, each km works out at very expensive, but got to have it.

Busy day ahead so better crack on. Have a good one, everyone. Smiles and biscuits in the tubs over by the kettle. Help yourself.

Comment

• Morning all.

Hi Cptn There's actually an image upload button, but the powers that be seem to have forgotten to cover it with an icon. it's the 'blank' space between the unlink button and the insert video button.

Gloriously sunny here ATM, but the thermometer reads -1.5C so still chilly, but at least yesterday's biting wind has stopped.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all, morning cptn.
                          A harder frost this morning, -1.2 inside the blowaway that is inside the greenhouse. The sun is shining and doesn't seem windy. Need to do some office work and then who knows.
                          Enjoy your day.
                          Last edited by Containergardener; 06-04-2021, 07:09 AM.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning its sunny but very cold out so i'm back to wearing lined trousers again.
                            Welcome back Cptn the vine is more or less stable now it did seem a long process to get here though.
                            Good luck with you MoT Snoop
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              I’m back in my thermals again too Bren!

Oh...just wondering Bren if I could borrow your plant pot?...I finally got around to cutting my hair yesterday!

Comment

• Brill to see you back Captn !
                                Looking forward to catching up with you again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X