Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening I've spent most of the day in the garden it was to windy to sit out though but I did get plenty of gardening done.

enjoy your evening.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thank you for your kind comment Snoop Puss all the eggs and chocs have been collected and my lovely next door neighbour gave me a bottle of rioja when she picked hers up, said she thought I would have had enough of chocolate after making 9 eggs plus choc fillings and novelties for the grandsons. What a clever lady

What a lovely day. Too good to be indoors and great for an Easter Sunday, sad for those who had a cold snap but lovely for the rest of us eh?

Better post this as I'm getting those funny messages again - catch you in the morning
      East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

Mornin n’alln’all

Those choccie eggs of yours looked amazing NG - I can imagine the grins you received in return when you handed them out!

Yesterday was a gentle pottering day ...much the same as I hope today will be...it’s amazing how much difference ‘a bit of pottering’ can make both indoors and out .

My ‘jobs’ I’ve promised myself is to finish off are weeding the gravel path by the back door ; make a bobble for a bobble hat; finishing off preparing parcels and cutting my hair ; chatting to and catching up with friends and family and then maybe a long soak in the bath with a big mug of tea and a book.

Right time for a brew - I’ll leave breakfast trays outside your rooms if that’s OK?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning, we have snow its been falling for the past hour so no gardening today. I'll go through my seed box see what I can sow instead.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Morning all
            Snowing here too Bren (2C). Glad we covered up on the plot yesterday.

Keep warm
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Morning all

Snow here as well, but the sun is shining so hopefully it will vanish quickly.

Will possibly get to the allotment today, it depends on the weather though.

TTFN
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Commiserations to those who've got snow. We've got a surprisingly hard frost. Due to get colder still at night over the next few days. But no snow, at least. Bright blue out there at the moment. Time to get the sown seeds out and soaking up the sunshine.

Lots of work, but will try and find time for sowing some brassicas today.

Thanks for the tray, by the way, Nicos. Very welcome.

Catch you all later. Grab a bunch of smiles in the meantime.

Comment

I love snow if it wasn't for the family I'd be moving north! Too cold here to be outdoors for long though or that might just be that cup of tea calling. Thank you for your kind comments Nicos I do enjoy messing about like that although as each year passes I am finding the eyesight and fine motor skills make it a slower job.

Have fun with the bobble, least favourite part of hat making for me I have to say, try to make novelty hats that don't need one right time for that tea and and a bit of clearing up.
                  East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

Snow?...wow- what a change
                    We were promised it, but didn’t even get a frost last night!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• No snow here just bright sunshine this morning, but very cold and windy with it. Brrrrrrrr!!

Comment

• Good Morning All Snow here too but sun is shining so shifting it fast. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all, no snow here but it was forecast.
                          A bitterly cold wind and just 3 degs.
                          I will be potting on plants in the greenhouse today.
                          Have a good day all and wrap up warm, it's cold out there.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, absolute gale blowing, I've been out and put a 3x3 post in the ground and tied the snapped trellis for the rambling rose to it, the trellis is smashed and will need replacing, but the rose seems to be ok. The pond is frozen, but the sun is shining, not a day for being outside, take care all.

Comment

• Morning all
                              Wow burnie , that's been a wind and a half. Hope everyone's snow disappears fast and nothing is damaged.
                              Only a sprinkle of snow/hail but ice and the sun is shining. Mighty cold north wind though walking the dogs today.
                              Think i will brave the Garden, just stick to the sunny parts
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Don't like the sound of that Burnie. Clear blues and bright sunshine now (but still cold) so popping down the plot for a change of scenery.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X