Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all, apart from digging up veg for dinner a proper lazy day today, watered some indoor plants and that's about it, though some computer games got a bashing.

Comment

• Good evening all
      It was a bit of a grey day but it stayed dry.
      Sowed some dahlia and zinnia seeds.
      Puting in some small supports for the sweetpeas as they are putting out tendrils and I dont want them tangled together.
      My daffs and polyanthus are in blossom and my front garden looks very spring like.
      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Early opening hours here today. Got to get a move on, as really want to get cracking with the veg patch but loads of work to get through too. Not enough hours in the day... Ah well.

Pitch black outside still, but perishing cold.

Lovely knitting, Jay. I'm not surprised they're pleased. Beautiful.

Right, on with the show. Catch you all later this afternoon. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning Snoop and anyone else with a reason to be up at this hour Dark and cold here too. There's news about my ticket so I'm off to see if I can retire. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Fiver and a Lucky Dip, Hi Ho
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

next time Flo...next time!

Good grief Snoop - and I thought I was a nutter digging up potatoes in the rain wearing the only hat available at the time ...a child’s plastic fireman’s helmet...even I wouldn’t garden in the dark!

Looks like we are in for a nice day here, so a bit of gardening and helping with fitting the solar panels on the camper...
              Still no baby Jay..,I think you’re going to beat me to it at this rate!!

I think I’ll be picking my first vase of daffs from the garden today...yippeee!
              Have a great day peeps- see ya later!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.
                Grey but mild here. Grocery collection later this morning, so it will probably rain
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all

3rd day of my 'One meal a day' diet. Seems to be going OK, although I am staying clear of the scales for a fortnight.

Hopefully get to allotment today. Plans are to re-plant my strawberries which didn't do very well last year. I need the space anyway as they are in the way of my new allotment layout. Might even get parsnips sown as well.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• It was grey here earlier but the sun has just poked it's head out and it looks much more pleasant now. I think a good couple of hours at the allotment are in order. 😎😀.

Comment

• Morning all...this baby is too comfy Nicos!!! One of my daughters friends is now 2 weeks overdue, must feel like it’s never ending!
                      Sun is up but it’s domestics and grocery delivery today, coffee first. Plenty if you want to join me!
                      Enjoy your day everyone. x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Ha^^^ comfy?.... she was ‘assisting’ chopping firewood yesterday!...me thinks she’s in hiding!

Comment

• Good morning all, A beautiful xu NY morni g and a clear blue sky.
                          Looks like being an outdoor day,

Nicos and Jay, it cant be much longer now, well worth the wait,
                          Beautiful knitwear play, looks very professional.

Nicos I had a look at that jigsaw website and ordered The Fantasy Bookshop.
                          Like the look of the Guinness one, it would make a nice picture.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, believe it or not I've been out in the garden, mostly removing dead stuff off the perennials and tidying up a bit, I leave it over winter for the birds and beasties, but as new growth is beginning to show, a tidy up was required, pruned dead bits of the tips of the Roses as well. Still too early to sow outside, but the greenhouse is beginning to look like it's out of it's winter sleep, though the fuchsias are still under fleece.

Comment

• Good for you Bramble!!! ...enjoy the jigsaw

Burnie- I spent a couple of hours the other day carefully clipping back all my lavender bushes.
                              I too like to leave seed heads and places for insects to overwinter. I even disturbed a ladybird which made its way down into the leaf mold on top of the soil.
                              Funnily enough the lavender bushes are starting to look a bit like miniature ‘Cloud Bushes’.
                              I think I didn’t clip them back far enough initially so it’s a matter of making the most of the straggly twigs with clusters of leaves at their ends until they flower!

Comment

• Afternoon all.

I wasn't gardening in the dark, Nicos, getting some work out the way before sun-up. Anyway I've been out and done a bit of weeding in broad daylight since.Surprising how many pests there are already. Nipping flies and Eurydema dominula, stink bugs (apparently) that love brassicas. They're everywhere. Never seen so many. And they're obviously mating. Aargh! Need to get rid of all the wild rocket, but that's a tall order as it grows everywhere round here in olive and almond groves.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X