This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fog has lifted here and its a beautiful day

cracking on well with the list.....it"™s quite rewarding isn"™t it?

I"™m hoping the flooring will be finished tomorrow so I can spend the weekend getting the lounge back to "˜normal"™....but we may run out of underlay.... it"™s going to be ridiculously close!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ha!!!!....we found the last packet of underlay.....very well hidden too...those darned pesky fairies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Ha!!!!....we found the last packet of underlay.....very well hidden too...those darned pesky fairies!
        Fairies or gremlins.......

Comment

• Evening all, quiet day, bit of railway modelling in the summerhouse as the weather was rather dull, no gardening of any sort done today, indeed there's not much needs doing. I shall dig the heated prop out of the shed and do the prep for sowing the Onion seeds, get that started this weekend.

Comment

• Morning all.

Grey but not too cold this morning. Lots of rain overnight. Loads more due today. Oh, here it is right now, on cue.

It's a blessings counting day today. Not sure why, but I'm feeling very contented. Perhaps because I had an early night and slept like a log. Also, we had another firewood delivery yesterday evening, so I feel like we can head into winter, as ready as can be, whatever the weather chucks at us. Firewood man says he's even bring us some more later on. Not easy to get wood for our range as it has to be cut quite small. This man is a godsend.

Plenty to do as per, but not as frantic as is sometimes (usually) the case. So, on with the show and see you all later.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning Snoop and All and Happy Friday Frosty here so glad we didn't have to go to work. Best get on WFH. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Long lie in this morning and I have only recently surfaced. It must have been all that running up and down stairs yesterday cutting tiles for bathroom? Going to have a day NOT tiling today although I may do a bit of grouting. Cold but dry out so the possibilities are endless.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n"™alln"™all

All good here.
                  The sun keeps breaking through dark cloud, so maybe we"™re in for some pretty rainbows later?

The house smells of beer bread which is in the Esse . Let"™s see if I manage to resist a nibble of it later

Ironing of curtains today in prep for putting up tomorrow.

Black Friday?
                  Has anyone been tempted?

I"™m thinking of taking up the Rosetta Stone offer.....My French would certainly benefit from a bit of a boost!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Jack Frodt certainly visited us overnight.
                    The place is white with crunchy grass underfoot.
                    Temp currently at 0 degs.
                    Grandson coming for lunch xo a bit of company to look forward to.

Black Friday, not for me Nicos but my son in law is going to replace his T.V.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've bought more bun trays and cake tins as pre-Black Friday deals. But I already knew what I wanted. Mr Snoop is going to pick up the boxes this morning. Been making cherry and walnut cookies from the Helen Thomas book by way of a thank-you gift to the builders' merchants that takes in packages for me. These cookies don't look like much, to be honest, but they taste fantastic. Long time since I last made biscuits, but even longer since we bought any, so that's good.

Comment

• Darn.....I"™ve just slowly munched my way through a small slice of bread as butter

Boy was it yummy!
                        Regrets? Absolutely not!!!!

Comment

• Evening all(I say evening as it's already dark here!!), just back from sitting in a bird hide in a forest for 3 hours and it's only 4 degrees, must be mad.............................

Comment

• ^^^ clearly time for a wee dram then ....for medicinal purposes eh?

Comment

• Evening I was sure i pressed post reply before closing the tabs this morning but seeing as I have the option to either 'restore or discard' I didn't never mind.
                              No Black Friday shopping here I have been getting a fair few emails of adverts though my only purchases today were at the local corn merchants.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I told my mechanic a week or so ago the car needed it's MOT in the next few weeks. Today he rang to say he was quiet.....come down. Happy to say it's passed. We have hardly done any mileage in the last year to be fair though and I did treat it to a new tyre last week when I got a puncture. It felt really cold here today, all day even though we did get a bit of sunshine. I reckon the car will turn into an ice cube again shortly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X