This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Flo and all.
    No drizzle here, and feels quite mild out. Hoping for a nice day as the sunset sky last night was a glorious combination of reds pinks and gold. Shepherds delight
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, me luvverlies.

Bright today. But oh so cold. And off into town to visit the post office to collect our mail and to get more veg in.

Sad days indeed, Nicos.

And congrats on your oven, Burnie. Hope your name doesn't somehow seem nominative deterministic for long!

Better dash. Mr Snoop has been hogging my computer, leaving me time for just this message before hurrying out.

Catch you later. Have a lovely day, all.

Comment

• Morning, SWMBO had a rough night with lack of sleep due to Arthritic pain and a Wart Hog snoring in her lug apparently(who moi?), so a long lie is in order, Croissants will have to wait a bit as I'm not allowed to touch the new oven.............??(well above my salary grade it would seem lol)

Comment

• Morning we've got rain and its here for the next couple of hours according to the metoffice.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all! Grey and rainy here. Looking at the forecast it appears as if sun might appear just in time to set. I'm off to the Fishman's this morning to get fish for both myself and one of the in-laws.

Comment

• Mornin n"™alln"™all
              slight drizzle here too.
              We had an amazing sunset too yesterday and I even took a pic is but it really didn"™t do it justice I"™m afraid...ah well. It was lovely to see though.

gf...thanks for the recipe- I"™ve just copied it!
              Will make it for next year as I don"™t have most of those ingredients....but thank you...sorry I sort of missed it first time around

Today I"™m helping with the floor a bit...but I"™m more in the way at times , so I"™m going to do more research about doing up the van - Like best insulation etc etc so we can get it ordered and hit the ground running in the new year.

Plan A of having it driven over by a returning expat may revert to Plan B which is a day return via the tunnel and collecting it ourselves IF quarantine rules allow....Hope it doesn"™t come to that cos it"™ll be a heck of a long day not getting out of our car!!!!( apart from OH moving from one driving seat to the other)

enjoy your day peeps...one day nearer to Xmas!!!!

Last edited by Nicos; 25-11-2020, 10:41 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                A beautiful dry crisp sunny morning but its just 3 degs.
                Off to the park while it's so lovely and then some tidying in the garden.
                Have a good day akl and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark and cold. At work today, WFH tomorrow, then I'm on leave next week, yay! Have a good day All
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo"™nall

we have a really heavy fog this morning so it"™s sounding very muffled out there.
                    Normally I can just about hear Floki crowing by now but I can"™t . Even the dawn chorus which is starting up sounds muffled.

Today is going to be doing lots of catching up with jobs which have been on the to-do list which kept being pushed to the bottom. Yeh - we all have them!

A whole week off Flo?...brill ! Any plans?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Weather doing its best to be bright, but the clouds are swiftly moving in. Three days of chilly cloudiness and rain ahead. Ah well. Got all the firewood sorted and under cover yesterday. That was quite a job. Very glad to sit down afterwards. And very glad it's done. In fact, quite a busy day and not a word of work. Nice to do something practical for a change.

However, got to make up for it today with loads of paid work to pile through. Got a long list of jobs written down. Not all of them grim. Some baking on there, as want to make some walnut biscuits as gifts.

Hang on in there, FF. Soon be your hols.

Have a nice day everyone.

Comment

• Morning its our coldest yet of the season -0.3c garden does look pretty and sparkly especially the GH.

Supermarket shop first then local shops this afternoon.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Looks 'mouse' outside so it looks like I am on the tiles again!

TTFN
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning. 6°C outside at the moment. I watched the car slowly turn into an ice cube last night even though it was not in the forecast. I've got to take an elderly relative to an appointment today in Leeds. It got cancelled at the last minute last week. She got a covid questionnaire sent to her phone yesterday. It's a good job I'd just called with her shopping as she'd no idea how to deal with it.
                            I'm trying to avoid discussing what we are all doing at Christmas at the moment, but I am sure she will be pushing for an answer.
                            Nicos, talking about driving through the tunnel is giving me itchy feet. I used to go across to France at least once a year and I love the tunnel, so much more civilised than a ferry.
                            While I have been writing this the clouds have disappeared and the sun is shining.
                            Snadger what is "mouse"?
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 26-11-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.
                              And what a glorious sparkly one it is! I'm just back from a grocery collection and having a cuppa before going out for a walk round the fields in the sunshine.
                              Made biscuits yesterday, Shrewsburys and macaroons.
                              Does anyone have a recipe for icing plain biscuits that doesn't make the biscuits go soft if they are kept in a tin?
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Dull and foggy with a cold 3 degd.pNo plans for the day as of yet.
                                Have a good one and stay safe,

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...