Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good mornig all and the sun is shining.
    We have to go to the optitions this morning for new glasses.
    Maybe I will get a walk in the afternoon.
    Have a good day and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Just. It was so dark and miserable this morning when I got up that I did a few jobs and just went back to bed for another hour and a half. And lo and behold, it's (mostly) blue out there now. Also quite warm. The rain forecast is going up and down. Very down at the moment. From loads forecast the other day we're now at about enough that if you happen to be standing outside when it happens, you might feel a drop or two.

Managing to get through the work, thank goodness. With any luck, I'll be on easy street next week.

Whoever's reporting the spammers is doing a good job. Well done. I haven't seen a single one.

Off to have a cup of tea in the garage with Mr Snoop. I know it doesn't sound like a very nice environment but there's a great view, you're out of the wind, in the sun, decent music and nice company (that goes without saying)...

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon, rain here as usual intended getting some work done in the garden but not worth it as the rain is quite heavy at times, son dropped in to cadge a leek and I think he is now away with the biggest he could find, need to go now and get ready for a hospital appointment, OH reckons that if it's a brain scan I don't need to worry as she is sure they won't find anything
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all,rain here as per forecast,a miserable day so far,waiting for my parcel then i can do some decent masks,it has been said several times,why don't i do some,it hopefully will be a little distraction from moving,inbetween other things,instead of having a kip,stay safe
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Grey, drizzly weather here today but not cold. While it was quiet we went to the "big" supermarket. So now stocked up on such things as bread flour, yeast, anchovy stuffed olives, jars of spices, nice blue cheese etc.

Comment

• Good evening, was at hospital today for a scan, and thankfully everything is OK, I have a swelling on my sternum which I am told is inflamed and caused by strain, which I can't understand as I have avoided doing to much housework, evedently I should say "no, do it yourself" when OH asks me to hoover or wash the dishes, but I think that could cause even more severe swelling, right going out to the hut for a wee while, keep safe, keep smiling
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Glad you are OK rary!

We went out today to stock up on basics and hen food. Hopefully we won't need any food or domestic things for the next 3 weeks. No doubt there will be some much needed diy thing though

We might nip out to go mushrooming though - somewhere isolated - as we saw loads of field mushrooms around so it's clear
                y warm and wet enough to be worth looking for mushrooms in the woods.

keep safe everyone - it looks like things are getting very serious out there....
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  The day turned out mild.
                  Went for a walk with my friend who I hadn't seen for quite a while, it was lovely to have a catch up.
                  Got a bit of weeding and tidying in the garden this evening.
                  My daughter came by to call on us so that was nice and it was unexpected.
                  My optician will have my glasses ready tomorrow so I will be collecting them in the morning.
                  Have a good evening all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning its my shopping day then after that I'll be in the garden weather supposed to be dry today.
                    Enjoy your day
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Too much heavy digging recently, Rary. Slow and steady, not fast and injured. That's the ticket.

Right, miserable sky out there. Some rain forecast but not much (4 mm per square metre).

Even busier today as Mr Snoop has decided we need to do a big shop tomorrow before we get locked down too. Locally, we're not doing too badly, but in our province it's terrible - over 1,400 cases per 100,000 people. So, got to do a day and a half day's work in one today.

First task today is rather miserable. We had three chickens. One died yesterday and another has just died. Not very old, no obvious injuries. Possibly eaten something? The toads are on the move because of the damp in the mornings. Terrible insect (oil beetle or scolopendra)? Snake bite? Anyway, got to dispose of her too. That leaves us with one. Will wait to see how she does before getting any more just in case it's an illness. Not easy to buy chickens here at this time of year, especially if we can't travel to the next region. Not going to be nice for the surviving one if she's on her own. I've had this happen before and the survivor nearly pined to death.

Diet going well. However, Mr Snoop went out and picked figs yesterday. I managed to eat just two. Really delicious and hard to resist when you know the season is nigh on over. Put some in the freezer for roasting over the winter.

Right, have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.
                        Sorry about your chickens, Snoop. It's hard enough when they die and you know what's wrong. Terribly frustrating when they die and you can't find the cause. Hope the third one is more robust.
                        I'm waiting in for a delivery of sunflower seeds for the wild birds, then off out for a walk round the fields while the weather's good.
                        Have a good day all.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning all. I'm taking a deaf relative for an hearing aid appointment in the next town this morning. I really hope they can help her as she is getting more and more isolated at the moment. Hopefully a couple of hours at the allotment when we get back. I also need to try and discover the black hole into which all my Xmas pudding basins seem to have disappeared. I don't know what sizes I need to make this year yet but if I don't find them that will be irrelevant.

Comment

• Morning all, glad you're ok Rary, sad about those chooks, unusual for birds to be bitten by snakes, their feather are usually good protection(though there are constrictors in the world that will squish birds and eat them), hope you can sort it Snoop. We have flooded roads again, 3 cars stuck in a deep pool on the main road, seems we are cut off again in 3 directions, I can get out if I had to, but as Sainsburys cavalry arrived yesterday with a months worth of supplies, no need to go out, might go for a walk later, take care all.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

sorry to hear about your chooks Snoop. Could you have something like pine or stone martins frightening them????

loads more diy today .... but it’s looking like things are finally coming together in the lounge!!!!!!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, thanks for the kind thoughts and sorry about your chickens Snoop, have been out for a long walk with the dog and now intend to get into the garden for a time, I think the strain was caused by carrying too many shopping bags, when OH wanted to do big shoppings before we were shut down again so if any of you are doing big shoppings take your time and don't strain the person who humffs the shopping bagsright going out enjoy your day and smile

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X