No announcement yet.

Some good news and light!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just...life's grand. The sun still comes up and my OH comes home every night - what better way to live.

I'm heating up dinner, as I made it in advance last night, and then sitting down to watch recorded TV in front of the woodburner. I'll also have a cuppa afterwards and a minty bikkie. It's great.

xxx

Comment

Life is good.

Fire is lighting, so I'm warm.

I know nothing about sport, but the Rugby is on - it's half time and Munster are ahead of the ALL BLACKS! (I know that's good, daughter and OH told me).

My Swiss chard (which I had never even seen until I got it at the garden centre couple of months ago) is doing fine.

I'm off to visit another daughter and her partner tomorrow - see the grandkids, do a little bit of babysitting and I'm promised wine and Indian in the evening.

Oh, and I didn't win big in the lotto this week, but I won a scratch card and the jackpot is only a matter of time...
      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

* My bed finally arrived ~ and the guys put it together (albeit grudgingly)
        * We saw Quantum of Solace (£21 all in :O) but it got me out of the house
        * I got 24 dianthus for 50p
        * My cold is nearly over
        * Mr Sheds is speaking to me again
        * Mr Sheds put up two shelves today
        * and he fixed the big gap in the curtains I made
        * I finished another set of curtains today
        * I found some long-deleted curtain hooks on eBay so I can finally hang them up
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Stopped drinking alcohol for health reasons about 4 months ago and I feel fit as a fiddle and don't miss it at all.
          Because of the lack of alcohol I tend to talk less gibberish!
          I've lost weight
          Life is good
          Chickens are still laying and looking after them has proved to be something I wish I'd done years ago.
          All my paths at the allotment are now covered in woodchippings and this has saved a heck of a lot of time on weeding them
          Plot is still 90% full of veg
          Just managed to insure my old landrover for £63 fully comp
          Done a lot of work on landrover and added soft top recently which looks really good (I think so anyway)
          Still managed to keep my record of three sickie days in 25 years!
          OH's been told she DOESN'T need brain surgery anymore
          Finally starting to come to terms with the loss of my old German Shepherd (although I go to her grave regularily)
          Am now able to supply all my water needs at the allotment without using mains water so it won't bother me if water is turned off next winter!
          More in harmony with nature by going to bed earlier and getting up earlier
          And finally, I just recently became a Grandad for the third time and my Son (babies Dad) has got a job at the same place I work by a healthy dose of nepotism!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thank you Piglet. The Vine did seem to have become all about doom and gloom.
            But I'm happy.
            My new garden is taking shape and I've had (still have) some great produce.
            My old cottage is getting knocked into shape and I've got an absolutely fabulous new bathroom.
            The arrangements for the new kitchen are well under way.
            The big conservatory is going up in the new year.
            I've got a great little log burner in the living room which just lights up a miserable day.
            But best of all I'm now living quite close to my daughter and can see her anytime
            And my darling husband is in very good health.
            Life is really good.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I have had a sort out of my seeds and can now look forward to making a shopping list.
              I have till Sunday off work so my poor neglected allotment can now have some attention.
              Blagged a load of long, thin pallets that need no alteration to make raised beds with.
              I am currently watching CSI and surfing the Vine.
              Got wedding invitations designed to mine and OH's satisfaction and printed them.
              My nephew has responded very well to chemo so far, tumour has already shrunk by a huge amount.
              Last edited by kirsty b; 18-11-2008, 09:36 PM. Reason: remembered a couple more things I'm happy about
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

I found compost, real compost, six year old compost

oh well its the little things that cheer....
                Vive Le Revolution!!!
                'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Oh Snadger a land rover fan aye. You would love the Falklands lots of landies around. 25 years ago we didn't have any real roads out of Stanley and had to go everywhere via 4x4, when i was a little girl we used to travel at night in an old short wheel base canvas top. My sister and I used to sit in the back on a sheep skin telling our parents the moon was following us Don't do that now though!!! Getting bogged was and still is a big issue, but also fun in a group...ahh see that memory made me happy too....

Comment

I have the best job in the world.
                    I have a fantastic wife and we have two brilliant and beautiful daughters.
                    We are going on a 5 day holiday for Christmas - my first days off (except for 1 weekend for a wedding) in 3 years.
                    My oldest daughter got glowing reports from her teachers at Parents Evening.
                    I am skint - but hey - so are all the world's banks
                    Rat

British by birth
                    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

We're still picking carrots and parsnips
                      Everyone's coming to me for Christmas - full house
                      The allotment trading post we took over in June is doing okay
                      I dont want to tempt fate by mentioning the family's health
                      We're going to my daughter's graduation on Friday in Canterbury cathedral
                      We have a small house but it's warm and cosy and comfy.
                      We have three allotments and enjoying every minute there.

Comment

good day at work, no-one died
                        the wife & I didn't argue
                        caught the mole that was destroying our back garden (only have a 20x15ft garden - with 17 mole hills!!) great for me - bad for the mole
                        was told today that payroll have cocked up and we get 8 months of shift arrears, (last pay rise wasn't applied to the shift payment only our salary)
                        got home tonight from work - OH had curry/beer ready for me
                        all three daughters told me they love me - happy days
                        Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                        Bob Dylan

Comment

Aaah! exactly the same sentiments as me Willie, but with that special 'Piggie Magic', and it goes to show that we are all truly grateful, even on a weekday! Man after my own heart....

I'm exceedingly grateful to Trousers, for being himself, for working as hard as he does, and being so incredibly special to the people he works for, and to me. If it weren't for his meeting Christopher and Carolene, which allowed us to cook the most fantastic dinner party for all of them on their special occasion, we would never have had our lives 'kick-started' in the way they have been.

And most importantly, because of that, I would never have met my very, very lovely friend, Rachael, which means more to me than I can put into words on this page.

For my own part, I am absolutely loving being 'Just Me', and a couple of times a week, to share in looking after THE most adorable 9 month old 'Twinkle Toes', AND get to 'give her back' to her Mum when I go home?!

And Life Itself is One Big Smilie Smacker on my Lips, and no mistake.
                          X

Comment

mind you - without the down stuff, the doom and gloom stuff - you would never appreciate the good stuff - life is a mix for a reason I guess.

...and we have 'good' Rugby on each weekend at the moment - I said 'good' cos did you see the England Australia match PLW? Gawd slap me sides ways..
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

My 'girls' are thus far still alive......happy happy Headfry!
                              (still have winter to get through-so it's fingers crossed)

Comment

I have lost 4lbs in the last 5 weeks
                                We are getting a new bathroom after Xmas, courtesy of a family gift
                                Mr OWG is still in a good mood from the weekend
                                Providing the weather stays half decent, I can work in the garden at the weekend
                                We will hopefully have enough money to buy a polytunnel after Xmas

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X