Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Used to love it here ....30 get here ???? whats happened ???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats all this 'Share ' and '\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\tweet' stuff.?
    which post am I replying to ??
    Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

I m on Chrome but not got a clue who im replying to !!!

Comment

Originally posted by geepee View Post
        I m on Chrome but not got a clue who im replying to !!!
        You're not replying to anyone, you're replying to the topic itself. Replies are then displayed in time order. That's how all forums work, and is how this one worked before the update, too.
        You seem to be thinking of message board systems like Reddit and like the reply system on Facebook.
        Last edited by ameno; 16-06-2020, 11:38 PM.

Comment

geepee, stick around, keep posting and you'll get the hang of it.

If you type in the reply box, you're just adding to the thread, just like before and as ameno says.

If you want to reply to someone in particular, you can quote that person and then type in your reply below, just like before. If you look at the bottom of someone's post, you'll see three tabs, quote, flag and like. Click on quote and it'll come up automatically in the reply box. I use the like button a lot. I've never used flag, but I'm guessing that's to report posts that are advertising or contrary to the forum's rules.

Good luck. Glad to have you rejoin us.

Edited to add: the Share and Tweet buttons are if you want to share posts on Facebook and Twitter. You don't have to do that if you don't want, so just ignore them. The forum is still in the throes of being upgraded and some things still aren't working quite as they should. The buttons at the top of the reply box are mostly empty, but that will be resolved (eventually). Meanwhile, just type in your replies and start posting. Once you've got that under your belt, you can start looking at things like adding photos and smilies.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 17-06-2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

is this the place to reply ?? Im confused . com !!
            GP, if you click on the 'quote', next to the flag and the like buttons at bottom of each post, it copies the post into the reply box like this has.

Comment

I dont see a Yellow banner ..Im usingg Chrome on laptop windows 10 ...

Comment

I dont see a Yellow banner ..Im usingg Chrome on laptop windows 10 ...
                Yellow banner? Nobody mentioned anything about any yellow banner.

Comment

Put up a screenshot if you can gee pee...
                  (I have a yellow banner just above where I'm typing mentioning content automatically saved)

It looks like different devices and browsers are presenting in different ways and we are hoping will eventually be more standardised over the next few weeks.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

A yellow notification? I get those occasionally, usually saying something like 'working'. But they disappear eventually.

Comment

I had the yellow banner at the top of the reply box after a browser time out.
                      There appears to be a sort of recovery mode if there is an error.
                      I have been having a lot less trouble as things have improved.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	reply box.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	2500237
                      Last edited by Plot70; 21-06-2020, 02:31 AM.
                      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

^I get that from time to time. Sometimes it just reads 'Working'. I just ignore it and carry on as normal. Seems to work... Maybe I should pay more attention to these things.

Comment

Same here....
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The restore or discard is very much a thing with vbulletin, I visit a few sites using their setup, just means you have to be aware or you end up double posting the same thing.

Comment

^Burnie, what should we do? Ignore or click restore or discard?

Comment

If the last thing I posted on the thread has posted correctly I click discard.
                                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X