Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Used to love it here ....30 get here ???? whats happened ???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Used to love it here ....30 get here ???? whats happened ???

I used to look forward to popping in over breakfst for a catch up, it takes for ever now ....Whats happened. im beginning to think this is the end ....!!!!
    Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

That's strange....things should be much quicker now...As far as we are aware it's waaay better speed for everyone else.

Help us to help you....what device are you using.....are you on Safari/Chrome....what???

The upgrade isn't complete yet...but let us know where to point Admin to be able to help you geepee.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Definitely the beginning, rather than the end.

Comment

Nicos......cant wok out how to reply to you......have only got option to reply to burnie lsst post .....!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Reply where you can and I'll check back for your posts.....don't give up.

Comment

The page loading times have improved a lot in the last few days.
            As a semi retired electronics engineer I could make a list of things that could have been causing the problem.
            There are an awful lot of hand held devices that do not work right away so be patient if you use one as admin will know about it.
            If a post fails try a screen refresh and then restore from the yellow banner above the reply box. The reply button works immediately after this.
            Be patient for a week or so.
            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

geepee, things have moved around a little so where things sit now may take a little bit of getting used to , but otherwise the speed has vastly improved for many of us the last few days so things should be getting much better now

As Nicos said, let us know the details of how you access the 'vine (device and web browser, for example) and we'll see if we can find anything out. Are other pages running at a normal, good speed for you or have they also slowed down?
              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Things have improved immensely in the last couple of days and pages now load very quickly, which is a relief.

A couple of minor things still not working for me:

The "Likes" bubble shows a number of likes, but when I click on the bubble nothing happens (I've mentioned this before).

When writing a post you can carry on typing so that the top of the post goes off the Reply window, but there is no scroll bar, so you can't then read or edit the top of the post. You can use the up/down arrows on the keyboard to scroll with, but this is very tedious and there really should be a scroll bar.

The function buttons on the reply window (where things like Bold and Italic etc used to be) are now blank. They still work if you click on them, but you have to hover over the button to see what it does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blank buttons.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	2499558
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
                  A couple of minor things still not working for me:

The function buttons on the reply window (where things like Bold and Italic etc used to be) are now blank. They still work if you click on them, but you have to hover over the button to see what it does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blank buttons.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	2499558
                  I clicked on the cross on the right hand side absentmindedly and this deleted them. Is there any way to get them back?

Comment

Click on the underlined letter A and that brings back the formatting options, except they'll still be blank, so you either have to rest your mouse on them to get a tip come up as to what they are, or you go trial and error. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Riga View Post

I clicked on the cross on the right hand side absentmindedly and this deleted them. Is there any way to get them back?
                      Yes click on the underlined blue A top right of the reply box
                      Last edited by Nicos; 15-06-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

The underlined A is a toggle, by the way. Once for off, once for on.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          The underlined A is a toggle, by the way. Once for off, once for on.
                          The 3 buttons at thee top right are toggles - for the 3 crosses in the reply section.

Comment

I thought toggles were buttons on a duffle coat!?

Comment

is this the place to reply ?? Im confused . com !!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X