Shower question, esp if you have a large family

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup, thats bigger than my entire bathroom ...... without the cloak room bit
    Last edited by lynda66; 19-11-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Never mind bathrooms - that's bigger than No. 3's old bedroom!!

p.s. One of those quarter circle showers would fit better perhaps??
      Last edited by tootles; 19-11-2008, 01:48 PM.
      Tx

Comment

Ooops, have edited my post to pint out that 8'5" is the entire width of both rooms, not just the showeroom
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

thats better ....... that's about the size of my bathroom ...... i'm not so jealous now ..... mine has a bath with a shower over, a toilet, a sink and the old cylinder cupboard in it ...... theres plenty of room ....... mind you if i put on half a stone, i'm never gonna get past the sink to the bath

Comment

You can get hand basins/toilets/showers that fit into corners - try Space by Ideal Standard and Tywford 'Pure'. These are a couple of the brands I bought when looking for small/corner-fitting shaped bathroom/cloakroom fittings.

Can't say I'd fancy a concertina door, more trouble than it'd be worth? If you've a shower curtain or cubicle why would you need a door?
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66
              theres no button or anything, its a tap mixer jobbie with the shower coming out the top ....

So its not a thermostatic shower its just a 'mixer tap' drawing water off the combi?

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post

So its not a thermostatic shower its just a 'mixer tap' drawing water off the combi?
                when the bloke came to check the new bathroom out .... i moaned about the temperature ..... he said it's thermostatic and it is set at a temperature so you can't burn yourself ..... the sink tap water comes out much hotter ....... and cos it's a factory setting, they can't alter it ...... i dunno ...... i'm not a plumber ....... i just don't like cold showers

Comment

You can get hand basins/toilets/showers that fit into corners - try Space by Ideal Standard and Tywford 'Pure'. These are a couple of the brands I bought when looking for small/corner-fitting shaped bathroom/cloakroom fittings.?
                  Yeah, those look good.

Can't say I'd fancy a concertina door, more trouble than it'd be worth? If you've a shower curtain or cubicle why would you need a door?
                  For when you're on the loo?

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse
                    For when you're on the loo?
                    I thought from your drawing there was another door?

Comment

but without a loo door the coats might get a bit whiffy ....... how about a sliding door ??

Comment

Yeah (well, I say yeah...actually, I took the door off cos it opened the 'wrong' way and I was sick of shuffling round it) but I think it'd be much nicer and more practical with a concertina door into the showeroom, then the shelves/coats bit is seperate.

Comment

...but I think it'd be much nicer and more practical with a concertina door into the showeroom, then the shelves/coats bit is seperate.
                          I'd have thought it wouldn't take 4 kids long to b*gger up a concertina door, unless they've got much better since I last saw one? Even a sliding door might take some 'wear'?

Where smells were concerned wouldn't regs would mean you'd have to have an extractor fan fitted with the shower?

Comment

I'd have thought it wouldn't take 4 kids long to b*gger up a concertina door, unless they've got much better since I last saw one? Even a sliding door might take some 'wear'?

Where smells were concerned wouldn't regs would mean you'd have to have an extractor fan fitted with the shower?
                            Yes, the plans include an extractor fan. Re the door, hmm, my Mum has one and it's still ok after 20 years (although to be fair, she's probably a bit more careful with it than my kids would be ). Still think it'd be better than no door though!

Comment

...Still think it'd be better than no door though!
                              Get the 'external' one refitted and hung so it opens the other way?

Comment

Why not draw it to scale on graph paper??
                                You can get a plan at the back of some bathroom brochures with press out loos /basins/showers..will give you a better idea of what will fit where.
                                I'd be tempted to try and leave that door too. ( you'll be able to tell if it's all to scale! - cheaper too)

Other thought is that you won't get many coats behind the first door as it'll bounce back at you if the rack is sited too near the doorframe.
                                You could use that far side as a shoe shelf and coat rack and bits n bobs shelf above them- much more useful! And a mirror behind the door???
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X