Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning. there was a light sprinkling of rain here early (pre 6am) but now it looks set to be warm and dry. Going to check out the wild blackberries in a bit. They should be getting ready to pick now. I usually get a few pounds off the hedgerows in July. looks like the wild damsons (or bullace, I'm never really sure) will have a lot of fruit this year too.
    Have a good day all.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
      Looks like we have another loverly sunny day ahead -not too hot so that'll be good for a bit more gardening.
      I'm torn between indoor stuff and outdoor stuff!
      Time for a quick cuppa then I too best crack on.

See ya later peeps....enjoy your day!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, proper contrast up here, coming down in stair rods and I've got the lights on in the house, supposed to be having a picnic in our daughters garden, so looks like that will have to wait for another day.

Comment

• Morning All
          Spitting and spotting here. Currently sat outside Lidl while Mrs B gets provisions, I'll be glad when things get back to being more normal.

Catch you later
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good morning all.
            just had a shower but its stopped now
            Dull and breezy.
            No plans for the day.
            Catch you all later.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Snoop how does 'free' internet work its not something I've come across, I'm just being nosy really.
              It's a bit like data packages on mobile phones. As we live out in the sticks (or the fifth pine, as the locals put it), we have to get our internet and VoIP phone service via satellite. We have 25 GB package to cover both every month, but anything we use between 1 and 6 am doesn't count. So if we've got data-hungry things we want to do online, such as watch a film or listen to music, we try to do it between that time. That's what I mean by free.

Ordinarily, 25 GB ought to be enough, but in lockdown Mr Snoop has been using the internet an awful lot more and I've had masses of research to do and I've been making lots of calls via Messenger and Skype to my mum and brothers. So every month recently, it's a bit like the end of the month when you haven't got enough money: we scrimp and scrape to get by till 'payday', the day our new data allowance starts. It would be possible to just go for the next package up, but I'm putting it off till I'm sure it's absolutely necessary. The cheapest solution would be to boot Mr Snoop off his computer, but I think World War III and IV might break out simultaneously if I were to suggest that!

Comment

• Did some necessary jobs this morning and was just going to hang out some washing before going to the allotment when it started to rain. If it's still raining in half an hour I'll have a change of plans and do my supermarket shopping instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  . Me, I get to read about contemporary artists and to try to work out what French philosophers mean.
                  Snoop surely it's not that difficult to work that out, it people who come from France and think they are philosophers
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon a right miserable day today, heavy rain upto two o clock, its stopped for now but I think there will be more shortly, even have the heating on, so no gardening now not sure whither to go and annoy OH or read a book, catch you later

​​​​​​.
                    ​​​​​​.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      Did some necessary jobs this morning and was just going to hang out some washing before going to the allotment when it started to rain. If it's still raining in half an hour I'll have a change of plans and do my supermarket shopping instead.
                      The rain stopped, the washing went out and we went to the allotment. The supermarket can wait until another day. I pulled all the shallots up today and the rest of the Winter onions. They are all now drying on the lounge windowsill much, I presume, to my husband's annoyance...... I could see his face although he said nothing. It's not that many weeks since the last of the baby plants went to the allotment......

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                        Snoop surely it's not that difficult to work that out, it people who come from France and think they are philosophers
                        Very good, Rary, very good. To which I reply:
                        "There are more things in heaven and Earth, Rary, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy", especially if you set about annoying your OH. No wonder she keeps finding you jobs to do, just to keep you occupied and out of the way.

Comment

• ^^^ ha ha ha ....* splutters out tea....

Nice one Snoop

Comment

• ^^^^Please do not encourage

Comment

• We had a nice day here.
                              sunny and breezy but no rain.
                              Did some laundry this morning.
                              At lunch time we decided to go out.
                              We drove up the coast and revisited some areas we had almost forgotten about.
                              We had a great evening exploring and took some great pics.
                              We didnt realise, but we needed to get out and about.
                              Hope everybody had a good evening and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                                ^^^^Please do not encourage
                                Butter wouldn't melt!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X