X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Another late arrival.
    Dull as ditch water here with rain on the way within the hour.
    Going to get a walk in before the heavens open.
    Enjoy the sun for those that have it.
    Think it's going to be domestics for me.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, the Comet is now best seen an hour or so after sunset in the NW sky close to the horizon, you may need binoculars to find it, but seemingly when you have, you can see it with the naked eye.

Comment

• Good afternoon. I’m sitting looking out onto the garden. It’s not too hot and I’ve been out checking things over and watering some seedlings that really need putting into their final growing positions. The air is so still the trees and bushes look like the ones in old black and white films recorded in studios where nothing moved.

i really need to get off my @rse and do some work but for the last 3 days I can’t be bothered. The dogs are bored, I’m bored. 4 months of this but I’d rather be safe. I went to the pub on Friday with a friend. Although the pub had safety in place it only works if the customers comply with it. They didn’t.

So back home into quarantine.

My tomatoes are doing well and have trusses. The only pepper that survived is growing well and all the squashes are healthy.

I still need to clear the veggie patch, I’m getting there. And the patio is now clear and I can put the furniture back on it. I still haven’t managed to find a solution to the broken zip on my poly tunnel, but it’s not important immediately.

Ah, and the other thing. Thank you Shortie. Macaroni Cheese NOT the awful Americanisation Mac ‘n Cheese.
        Last edited by JanieB; 14-07-2020, 05:08 PM.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good evening all.
          What an utterly miserable day.
          Dull and raining non stop since lunchtime..
          Boredom is a terrible thing,
          I spent the afternoon washing down and polishing all my kitchen presses.
          Sat here looking out and it looks like a winter evening.
          However, ever hopeful for a better day tomorrow.
          Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Boredom?
            Family tree anyone?
            Loads of stuff is free!
            I've started to follow my OH's trees...
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It's finally stopped raining here!

we've had some amazing rainfall and rainbows.
              Dont ya just love a rainbow?

Comment

• Good morning all.

Am I first into the kitchen today? Teapot's half empty already but I'll put coffee on for anyone needing a cup.

Have a good day everyone.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                  Bit nicer weather here at the mo...less wind and bits of blue!!!!

Looks like a trip to a DIY store is in order today-oh joy
                  I was looking forward to doing some more cutting back of a few shrubs ...but there may be time later.

Fresh peaches for breakfast...yummy or what???

Comment

• Perfect timing MH.....another brew would go down a treat- thanks!

* passes MH a couple of peaches....

Comment

• Oh wow, thanks Nicos! Fresh peaches for breakfast. Feels rather decadent! I'll have them with a splosh of homemade yoghurt. Delicious.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Yesterday didn't go quite according to plan. Let's hope today goes a bit better.

Quite cool at the moment (by our standards) and breezy. Low overnight of 12.1 ºC. Amazing for this time of year. Really glad as it's keeping the house nice and cool even during the daytime. Due to warm up a bit next week, but could be worse. First year we were here, we had six weeks of daytime temps in the mid-40s in the shade, this year we're only hitting the mid-30s.

The fields look like they're starting to dry up a bit. Might try and venture over the valley in the next day or so. The dogs could do with some different walks.

Catch you later everyone. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning, we have rain a fair bit of it so no gardening done today did pick some raspberries earlier on before the blackbirds spotted them
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, late on parade this morning, was out in the dark in the garden till late, first looking for the Comet, but there was too much cloud to see it, then I got the Bat detector out listening to the Pipistrelles and then trying to get pictures in the dark of a Hedgehog snuffling around the Roses, that failed as I didn't want to use flash and the camera trap missed it. Looks like a cooler day in prospect, which is fine, maybe a shower which we can do with, better get the grass cut again before it arrives. Stay safe all.

Comment

• Good morning light showers here at the moment, so no gardening today, I see bramble mentioned that dreaded word, bordome, usually when a woman suffers from that a man finishes up having to either tidy, clean, paint, paper, or just be the general dogs body to the woman while she considers how this would look or that fits in, if its raining get a big umbrella and go for a walk, listen to the rain hitting the umbrella, do anything other than trying to keep someone else busyhe might want to just sit and relax
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Well, it's not raining g which is a plus but it's still very dull.

You're right Rary, I am off out today rain or shine.
                                No, I didnt involve my hubby, he took himself off to the attic and spent the afternoon going through and discarding papereork and sorting old photos.
                                However we are buying paint today but I am the painter.
                                He paints everything except where it's supposed to be.

Home grown peaches sound delicious Nicos.
                                Hope all have a good day and stay safe.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...