This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning. Just.

Woken this morning at 4.15 am by heavy rain, which lasted all of 5 minutes, but then turned into a gentle rain that went on till 8.30. That should have done the garden a bit of good, although it's dashed all the petals off the peony flowers. Everywhere smells wonderful now, warm wet earth.
    Last edited by mothhawk; 10-06-2020, 11:00 AM.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
      Grey and dull with drizzle rain.
      Braved the supermarket earlier and got enough supplies to keep us going for the next two weeks.
      Not a lot to do this afternoon but I'm sure to find something.
      Enjoy the day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, just popping in to say hello. I’ve read all your posts but it’s taking so long to like each one I’ve given up...take it that I’ve read and liked them all.
        Bit chilly here but the rain has stopped for a bit.
        Rary that swimsuit really suits you!! Pink is just your colour!
        Big hugs lottie, you know we are here for you when you need us!
        Snoop, have the builders arrived yet, hope they have.
        Enjoy the rest of your day everyone. x
        Last edited by Jay22; 10-06-2020, 01:48 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• ^It really is weird how long it takes for a like to register. You'd think that would be one of the first things social media and forums would want us to be doing as quickly as possible.

Anyway, thanks for asking, Jay. A builder turned up an hour ago to drop off a huge generator and to say they'll be here Monday. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• Hiya Jay, good to see you, hope you're keeping well.
            Darkest skies here and throwing it down at the moment. Will the builders be working inside or out Snoop. Hope they don't end up paddling mud everywhere.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Afternoon all,we said to be getting hot again soon,must organize some barrels around the veg plot at home,before the hosepipe ban comes in,
              Finaly made a decition about the fizz,i did a lockdown job on it not perfect,but will do nicely till i can get booked in,
              Hope snoop and jay are ok,and anyone else that needs some kind words or hugs,have to think about what to eat again,so better go look in the relevant places,just lately i am not enjoying what i have,even the crunchy peanut butter and choc spread,are not hitting the spot,now that is serious ,Bgood2yrselves and stay safe
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                yeh....I'm a bit late on here today

I was on much earlier but struggled with my own Internet ontop of the slowness of here.

Its rained here most of the day so much so that we had the heating on again
                We've made a start on clearing part of our cellar to make way for access to replace an old staircase above it.
                They are due on Monday.
                Still not finished though.

Hibou has her 'suitor' calling her -I hope he gives up soon otherwise I'll have to chuck some water at him or something
                awwww...how mean is that?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
                    Chill and drizzly here too Flo -but that's fine-I gave loads of indoor stuff to crack on with.

Hibou's suitor finally gave up hope after a further 1/2 hr of serenading her...I hope this doesn't become a habit !

We had a haircutting sesh a couple of days ago lottie -I have always cut both our hair since we came here 12 years ago, so not much change there.

Right -I need a brew.
                    Dedrosted black cherries and homemade yog for breakfast.Looking forward to them cos we've a few packets left in the freezer from a couple of years ago!

see ya later peeps-weekend is nearly here!

Comment

• Morning Flo and All. Dry but dull here.Not sure what's on for today, might get the hair clippers out. Not just a lockdown cut, I've been doing it for years

Enjoy your day ..... flippin heck, now the smileys have stopped working, I can only wonder what'll happen when I hit post (highlight ctrl C in case)
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• smileys working again now !
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• ^^^^ go on....tell us which is your favourite then

Having said that I think we're going to have some new ones soon. There are a few at the moment I'm not liking -like the red angry one.
                          Last edited by Nicos; 11-06-2020, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Morning all. Thought I would try getting on a bit earlier to see if it speeded things up any?

Must get some shopping done today........arghhhhh I hate shopping!

Dull and wet here but fairly mild. There's a heatwave forecast for next week so that's summat to look forward to.

TTFN
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning its dry now but supposed to rain later hopefully I'll be back from the supermarket by then.

Have a good day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon, be good if we do get new smileys Nicos, favourite from the current selection is this one
                                Was lobbing it down most of the morning but has stopped for now. The plot at least looks well watered now. Been quite blustery here too. A heatwave should get it all growing again Snadge, be nice to have a return to summer temps.
                                Hope your shopping trip was a success Bren, there's still lots of items missing from the shelves and you can guarantee the thing missing is the thing you've just ran out of.
                                Last edited by Mr Bones; 11-06-2020, 02:43 PM.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X