Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never frozen pineapple but dehydrated is delicious.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I keep thinking about buying one of those!...maybe now is the time to splash out on one?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Mornin n'alln'all

wow...whoever left the breakfast tray outside my room-many thanks!
        Oh...and the vase of roses are really beautiful

(yeh...I'm joking!)

Great to see everyone this morning...and good to catch up with things.

Cream cake Janie????...ooo..I just fancy one of those...mmmm....

I have a pineapple ready for eating but also about 2lbs of strawberries...has anyone frozen pineapple?-do you think peeling it and chopping into big chunks will be ok or do they go soggy? Tbh I'd rather eat my home grown strawberries whilst they're here ( no way will those go in the freezer)

Snadger...don't get started on NTG and his fishnet stockings whatever you do!

So...I've just got on the scales....5lb gain since lockdown began
        and that's never eating lunch either!...just as well eh?
        Ah well - I did think it was going to be more though - so Snoop and ray - you're not the only ones.
        As more salad crops come through it's going to be easier to want to cut down on the carbs me thinks.

Today?...well I might just do some family tree-I've got my almost 93 year old mom taking trips down memory lane and I'm making notes on what she can recall.

See ya later peeps!...enjoy your day - just think, another couple of weeks at the night's start drawing in:
        What do you mean Nicos by Snoop AND rary, Snoops the one that has the same problem as yourself by standing on the scales as I said, MY clothes are shrinking
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^^^^^....most sorry rary...clearly at 'my age' things start to get jumbled...haven't got used to compensating for it yet like some 'experts' on here have!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Mornin n'alln'all

wow...whoever left the breakfast tray outside my room-many thanks!
            Oh...and the vase of roses are really beautiful

(yeh...I'm joking!)

Great to see everyone this morning...and good to catch up with things.

Cream cake Janie????...ooo..I just fancy one of those...mmmm....

I have a pineapple ready for eating but also about 2lbs of strawberries...has anyone frozen pineapple?-do you think peeling it and chopping into big chunks will be ok or do they go soggy? Tbh I'd rather eat my home grown strawberries whilst they're here ( no way will those go in the freezer)

Snadger...don't get started on NTG and his fishnet stockings whatever you do!

So...I've just got on the scales....5lb gain since lockdown began
            and that's never eating lunch either!...just as well eh?
            Ah well - I did think it was going to be more though - so Snoop and ray - you're not the only ones.
            As more salad crops come through it's going to be easier to want to cut down on the carbs me thinks.

Today?...well I might just do some family tree-I've got my almost 93 year old mom taking trips down memory lane and I'm making notes on what she can recall.

See ya later peeps!...enjoy your day - just think, another couple of weeks at the night's start drawing in

Its a shame all of NTG's picies were lost..........or maybe not!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good evening all.
              It's been a funny old day weathereise.
              Mix of hot and cold but predominantly cold.
              Not a lot done in the garden today other than watering.
              Hoping for a warmer day tomorrow.

Never have frozen a pineapple Nicos..
              Enjoy your strawberries, still waiting for mine.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I bet you could freeze pineapple in smallish chunks and then bung it in a blender for a lovely slushy sorbet. If the pineapple's very sweet, you won't need any additional sugar. Probably need a good blender so you don't end up with lots of fibrous bits. But I bet it's delicious.

Comment

• Evening well its mostly rained today I ended up wet a few times nipping out to do bits in the garden.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  I keep thinking about buying one of those!...maybe now is the time to splash out on one?
                  I got my dehydrator last year mostly for apples because our Worcester Pearmain's don't store very well.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening,hope Snoop is on the mend,pleased the robin got out in 1 bit,rary i got the same bother with my clothes,just cannot get shrink proof these days can you ,
                    Nicos i got a bag of frozen pinapple in the freezer,from costco,is fine,just get out what you want,it is slightly differing in texture,but nice in stir fries and pizza toppings,is in big chunks that cut up fine,enjoy rest off your evening.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning All, another groundhog day, be glad when it warms up again.

Have fun
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin Bonesn'all

Much of the same for me too. I was going to go and get some food shopping in but tbh I think we can make it until the end of the week if not until next Monday, so I'm staying in hiding.
                        We had a massive downpour in the early hours which looks like it might be finally getting to the veggie roots.
                        They certainly needed it!

Time for a brew methinks....anyone care to join me?

Comment

• Morning everyone.

Cool and overcast here. The blackbird has finally finished building her nest, so I'm waiting to see if she's going to lay or whether she's decided it's too late in the year now.

Had my brew an hour ago Nicos, going to help my mum get dressed now.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning
                            Thought i posted last night .
                            Spent the day in the garden weeding , planting and moved pots of Rose's around nest site to deter sniffing dogs.
                            Bit of a cloudy day. No doubt get in the garden again. Going to try to get blood results from gp, never straight forward. Hospital ones go online so i can login to those .
                            Technology. I signed up for results online at gp but
                            Better get out with the dogs. Hope you all have a good day.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all. Thanks, LD, yes definitely on the mend, but still pretty well deaf in one ear.

Temps have plummeted here. Took the toms in last night (maybe there are advantages to them being so small still) and will have to do so again for the next week or so. Also due to get a bit breezy. Cold winds equals wood-burning range on equals home-made bread and pizza. So it could be worse!

Loads to do today so better get on with it. Have a great day everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning

Looking at today's forecast its not going to rain here so I'll be able to finish planting out the last of my brassicas and beans the rain stopped me before.
                                Best get a move on. have a good day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X