Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snadger, that was a blooming good memory - yes I was one back in the NTG days.

Another night where sleep seems to allude me, so I gave in and came online go have a catch up

The garden has definately enjoyed the rain. Hopefully the grass will green back up, and it means I don't need to water the veg for now

Being unable to faff in the garden today, I started a puzzle - one of those Wasgij ones. I dusted off the puzzle board at the beginning of lockdown and stopped again about a month ago. I'd forgotten how therapeutic they are to do
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Morning All, nice to see some old faces back. You were a bit before my time Shortie so I'll say hello, hope you finally got some kip. Up early today I have a loaf on the go that I started yesterday morning (making today Sourdough Sunday).

Enjoy your day whatever it brings
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning All, nice to see some old faces back. You were a bit before my time Shortie so I'll say hello, hope you finally got some kip. Up early today I have a loaf on the go that I started yesterday morning (making today Sourdough Sunday).

Enjoy your day whatever it brings

well, looks like I can't make the post... server error 500 try again
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Then they both post ....
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
            Oooh lots of faces today. Welcome back, welcome back
            I have crackling and muffled ear whether it was the condition at the time or meds or both when treating me, ent said no damage it's the flap between nose and ear gets stuck, its weak so I have to hold my nose and blow (like popping your ears on a plane).
            Funny weather yesterday , showers and sun, blowing a gale and cold , then by 5o'clock it was blue sky , no breeze and hot. GH up to 11 last night .
            Grey start today , no plans as yet .
            Have a lovely day .
            Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning, I too am struggling with the forum this morning, things won't open, likes don't seem to want to work with the site buffering a lot, however we will stick with it, sure the IT/admin sort it out soon enough. We have had a decent amount of rain too at last, not keen on the high winds that went with it, my potatoes look a sorry sight just now. Take care and stay safe, nice to see more familiar faces back with us again, just when the gardens are coming to their best and folk will be wanting our collective advice if they need our help.

Comment

• Good morning, dry but breezy today with blue sky and broken cloud, I have decided to miss out breakfast every second day for a time as I have noticed that my clothes are beginning to shrink every time OH washes them and as there is no chance of getting out to buy proper fitting clothes just now (as if I would) though I might send for a new full length mirror as the one that we have makes me look a wee bit heavy but I must admit to having a bit of reserve just in case I need it right going to have a look round the garden and check my lilies as I found a lily beetle the other day but sofar no others nor signs of damage then set up the computer for the church service
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Has anyone else having problems with the Vine running slow today it took me 3 or 4 minutes to log on earlier then a bit of af a drag when posting
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• 40 seconds to post

Comment

• Morning all. Better keep multiple-posting, Rary. I'm hot on your heels. Noticed the other day I was just over 6,000. And seeing as I'm doing very little gardening, it's nigh-on all chit-chat. Must get back on the straight and narrow with the veg patch. Just not today...

I weighed myself this morning. Very scary. Need to do something about that. Just not today... Took a loaf of home-made bread out the freezer this morning, as didn't make any yesterday in the end. I haven't eaten bread for a few days but Mr Snoop has (shop-bought). I'd forgotten how good home-made bread is. So definitely going to make some today.

Better get on with the show. Loads of work to do. And bread to make.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning good to see you back with us NS you'll have to post some pics of your garden

Shortie I'm part way through a Ravensburger puzzle the Bizarre bookcase it got lots of little creatures living amongst the books so some of the pieces take some finding.

Same here Rary its took me ages to get here this morning, but hang in there the vine will be up to speed once all the bugs have been sorted.

Have a good Sunday.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Nice to see some old faces back.

I’ve been feeling a bit bleugh for the last couple of days. No, not covid 19, just a wee bit tired and headachy. I think I just need to catch up with some sleep.

It’s taken me 3 pot luck deliveries to assemble the ingredients for a cassoulet. I haven’t made one for about 15 years,so I started it yesterday. It smells absolutely wonderful and I’m going to have some for my lunch today.

I also fancy doing some baking so that’ll be fresh bread to go with the cassoulet and cream cake for my tea.

That means I have time to clear my patio and put the table and chairs on it so I can mow the lawn.

Best I get dressed and start the day. Laters.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning all. A bit bleak outdoors. Where's the summer gone?

Anyway, housework done and dog still to walk. Dog doesn't seem too keen this morning and can't say I blame him.

I didn't get to the plot yesterday so I will have to go today to check it up and maybe harvest a Spring Cabbage. I can never get tired of eating Spring Cabbage!
                            Once shops open I think I'll dig out my face mask and go and get a chicken for dinner for a change.

TTFN and take care all.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              Morning all. Better keep multiple-posting, Rary. I'm hot on your heels. Noticed the other day I was just over 6,000. And seeing as I'm doing very little gardening, it's nigh-on all chit-chat. Must get back on the straight and narrow with the veg patch. Just not today...

I weighed myself this morning. Very scary. Need to do something about that. Just not today... Took a loaf of home-made bread out the freezer this morning, as didn't make any yesterday in the end. I haven't eaten bread for a few days but Mr Snoop has (shop-bought). I'd forgotten how good home-made bread is. So definitely going to make some today.

Better get on with the show. Loads of work to do. And bread to make.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.
                              Of course you will be catching up on me Snoop, a woman always has more to say than a man, a woman wouldn't use 5 words to say something when she could use 10 as for scales I never use them but just wonder if there could be a connection between the scary bit with the scales and home made bread

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

wow...whoever left the breakfast tray outside my room-many thanks!
                                Oh...and the vase of roses are really beautiful

(yeh...I'm joking!)

Great to see everyone this morning...and good to catch up with things.

Cream cake Janie????...ooo..I just fancy one of those...mmmm....

I have a pineapple ready for eating but also about 2lbs of strawberries...has anyone frozen pineapple?-do you think peeling it and chopping into big chunks will be ok or do they go soggy? Tbh I'd rather eat my home grown strawberries whilst they're here ( no way will those go in the freezer)

Snadger...don't get started on NTG and his fishnet stockings whatever you do!

So...I've just got on the scales....5lb gain since lockdown began
                                and that's never eating lunch either!...just as well eh?
                                Ah well - I did think it was going to be more though - so Snoop and ray - you're not the only ones.
                                As more salad crops come through it's going to be easier to want to cut down on the carbs me thinks.

Today?...well I might just do some family tree-I've got my almost 93 year old mom taking trips down memory lane and I'm making notes on what she can recall.

See ya later peeps!...enjoy your day - just think, another couple of weeks at the night's start drawing in

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X