This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.
    Love the photos CG, looks really peaceful.
    It's a bit cooler today and some wispy cloud about. I've just made two dozen lemon shortbread biscuits and a dozen Viennese fingers, but without the chocolate dipped ends. I hope I'm getting a flour delivery this week 'cos that's the last of my flour gone now.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Fantastic photos indeed! -you live in a very beautiful area CG.

Apparently here too was a Bank Holiday -I was totally unaware We just spent the day in the garden!
      We'd normally have guests in the gites (we've closed them completely for this year )and normally sort of hide so as to give them privacy , so it was lovely just to be able to do whatever we wanted.
      Apparently the hot weather is supposed to break tomorrow and we're in for some rain. The garden deffo needs a lot of that!
      No biscuits made yesterday -but decided on oat biscuits tomorrow when it's cooler cos I'm going to make the most of the fine weather
      Hope everyone is ok ...any one heard from rary?
      Last edited by Nicos; 02-06-2020, 07:09 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning not spotted rary around its not like him hope he's ok.

Nicos we're due rain tomorrow it will be very welcome our garden does need a good downpour would prefer an overnight one though.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Think I need to get some lawns cut before the rains come!

Comment

• Morning all. Off fishing today with Grandson.

See you later

TTFN
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning
              Early watering, feedings and dog walks done.
              Out in the garden again, busy day in their yesterday and slept well last night from it
              Hope Rary is ok .
              All these biscuits
              ..on with the day , have a good one while the sun shines.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, tight lines Snadger, we can go fishing up here now, but not been yet, we might go to the shore later as a local creel fisherman had a visitor to his boat yesterday...…...….....a Humpback Whale. Last time one was sighted here it stayed for a couple of weeks.
                https://live.staticflickr.com/4343/3...274eba8a_c.jpg
                Last edited by burnie; 02-06-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• How lovely to see a humpback whale Burnie.
                  I've been weeding again , it kept darkening and threatening to rain . The spots got heavier so I packed up and came in. Now its stopped We are forecast heavy rain overnight but will we ? Certainly the ground has turned to concrete and cracks appeared .
                  Will we be having a bbq later , probably not.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Scorchio here. Watered the plot today with watering cans, at least then if we have a sprinkling of rain tomorrow it can soak straight in and do some good.
                    Hope Rary is OK
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Evenin n'all!
                      Just had a fantastically long chat with son via the internet.
                      Always uplifting to see close family isn't it?

been stonkingly hot here too -I think we are one day behind the uk for the cooler weather, but we desperately need some rain.
                      Early night for me as there's lots to crack on with tomorrow before the rains come!

Get ready to save any precious rainfall peeps!( there's a hosepipe ban just around the corner!)

Have a good evening

Comment

• Evening its been sunny all day here GH temp was 35c and that was with shading, vents, louvres and door open.. We have rain all day tomorrow so I've made the most of today. My buts are almost dry so i've left trugs and buckets around the garden to collect water. The garden really needs this rain.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yahoo it's raining, not much but everywhere looks wet, much needed and predicted to last all night, we have local worries of dry moorland, so I hope it is enough to give the countryside a much needed drink too.

Comment

• Good Morning All Well, talk about around the houses to get back on here - it's not been easy. Raining here too, the sound of it is lovely. I'm at work today with sweeties, it was too hot yesterday to be baking cakes and half the staff aren't here anyway. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                              Yahoo it's raining, not much but everywhere looks wet, much needed and predicted to last all night, we have local worries of dry moorland, so I hope it is enough to give the countryside a much needed drink too.
                              I don't understand what is happening and I am trying different ways to get back on here so sorry burnie, piggy backing your post might work, but if not I'll see you all at some time! Raining here too. Have a good day

Comment

• This is so strange and I have no idea what is happening, but happy to be able to join in again! Phew

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X