This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    I hope you woke without broken ribs Rary.
    Great news Snoop , fingers crossed all goes smoothly for mum.

It's a wild one here , heavy rain in the night. Going to be a breezy old walk .
    Nipping to mums with some greenhouse staging (actually blow away gh's) . It's what I use . Also some shopping not on her order ,another plant I split (veronica dwarf blue) , dropping propagation books off there too for my brother to collect and have a read of.
    She is getting her very first online food shop today so will go through , she is bit concerned how it all works.
    I can report more germination from the propagator, a chilli, rosella tomato and echinacea now
    Have a good day.
    Northern England.

Comment

Morning a warm 14c overnight in my GH sunshine rain and wind for today though. Could do with a fair bit of rain.

Snoop Hopefully your Mum will be happier once shes settled in the home xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Good morning. Looks like it might blow up a bit of a storm here. Could do with some rain.

Snoop, I'm sure your Mum will improve once she's out of hospital and settled in the care home. When my mum had a stroke a few years back, she was convinced someone was making a film of the hospital at night, coming round the wards with cameras and filming outside through the windows. She was very frightened most of the time. Back at home she was fine again.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Morning, wild, wet and windy here today, but the sun has shone through a bit, I hope all are well and things go well for your Mum Snoop, worrying times for all just now. Stay safe all

Comment

Good morning all.
            Very stormy here, sun is shining but still no rain.

Snoop, glad to hear things are improving for your mam.
            Take care and have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, thinking of you Snoop, hope your Mum can settle in OK, a very worrying time when things like this happen and not much families can do at present with the way things are
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Sorry for the short intermition, lunch was ready​​ like most other places today its a bit blustery here with some occasion showers, I had placed my dahlias outside this morning to start hardening them off but the wind is swirling too much so all back in the greenhouse, just hunted a gray squirrel from my nut feeder, as no doubt some of you will know I don't like grey squirrels, very distructive animals, anyway as the wind is a bit strong I will be staying out of the greenhouse today, unless OH mentions housework and ribs all intact Cg, thanks for asking OH said I was good last night, so I take it I wasn't snoreing just hunted that squirrel again I think I will need to get a sling out I was deadly with one of those when I was a boy, though in saying that Windows didn't move
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                  In between BTW I will be doing the multi pot shuffle, my garden is south facing so I spend forever moving things out of the sun and creating some shade.
                  Mine is NW facing and has sun most of the day except in winter. So I've put my PT where it gets sun in the morning and shade in the hottest part of the day.

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                  The house is a tip. I do all my sowing and potting on in the kitchen and now the floor throughout the house is covered with compost
                  Snap.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

Afternoon all,very windy out there,and warm,we was have been forecast bits of rain,but nothing as yet,gave some things a good watering down the plot earlier,Snoop all the best for the polyp and your mom,stay strong lass,were all behind you,oh yes we are.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Afternoon
                      Well after calling at local shop on the way to mums for missing items on her shop and some apples for me.
                      Got to mums and her shop had been . Her 6apples I ordered were subbed for 20apples in1bag I now have alot of apples. But my dogs love chopped apple on a morning , oldest sits waiting ages for her pieces
                      To add to the sorting her gh staging, moving plants, shopping the summerhouse roof felt had blown off so add in OH not having his tools with him, not being able to just 'nip' and get some felt/wood/etc, secured temporarily until we can get the necessary things to go back.
                      It's still blowing a gale here and on for the weekend with rain
                      My new seeds arrived
                      Northern England.

Comment

Afternoon All Hugs to those of you who have problems. Very windy here too. Enjoy the rest of your day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Good evening all.
                          Gale force winds here all day with bits of squally showers.
                          The ground is still as hard as a rock.
                          My water butt and stand blew over twice today so it's now in OH shed.
                          Pottered around the garden and greenhouse all afternoon but a bit scary in the greenhouse.
                          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Evenin n'alln'all
                            sorry -been at the hospital most of the day (do I need a Drs note for leave of absence?)

Early night calls ...see you all in the morning!
                            Take care everyone....

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning, all. Hope you're doing OK, Nicos. And thanks for all the best wishes again, guys.

Pitch black out there, but lots of stars so evidently no clouds in the sky. Weather forecast says it'll be bright and hot.

Had to get up early to use internet (anything between 1 am and 6 am isn't deducted from our data package, and we are running really, really low at the moment). Eyes definitely don't want to be looking at the screen at this time, would much rather be shut.

Better get busy, make the most of the free internet. Catch you same time tomorrow. Have a good day meanwhile.

Comment

Morning all
                                Hope all ok Nicos.
                                Wild and grey again this morning.
                                OH dealing with a customer this morning then off to diy store for some felt, wood etc to drop at mums .
                                I'm looking at heating the gh early in the yr. Everything ends up leggy using the house. OHs uncle has power to his but mines a bit far away . Shall look at heaters today.
                                Hoping to get some seeds sown too, will need to snuggle in the greenhouse with the plants and runners though.
                                Have a good day.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X