Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all. Been up a while. The sun came up a big pink ball flushing the whole sky pink. The bluetits are still working hard feeding their babies. They must get up before the sun! A little tip for those hunting for delivery slots. I've found that if I clear all the browsing data and cookies for the store, delivery slots appear - works for Tesc0 and Asbo
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all

It was really hot here too yesterday but no breeze so was uncomfortable to be outside.

The guy came to measure up our new staircase but the new date is end of June for fitting -not 10 days as they quoted ore-virus. Ah Well....it's a job inhand and progress is underway once again!

I did get my lemon curd made though so we're having that on toast this morning!

Not sure what today will bring. I could do with getting on with the weeding on the gravel drive though. We'll see!

keep safe everyone...see ya later.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning looks like being another sunny day mostly spent under the gazebo, i did a fair bit yesterday planting in the GH but needed breaks out of the heat. Supermarket Shopping first today then the days mine after that.

Enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Morning all, A few tomatoes wilted in the heat yesterday, really need to get them planted out in their final positions.
          Fishing yesterday so my right arm is aching today with all the fly casting.
          OH trying to get dog into vet today.

TTFN
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Mornin Snadge!
            Did you catch anything or was it too hot/sunny for the fish to bite?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning all. A muntjac has found it's way onto our lotty site so spent part of yesterday protecting crops from its tramplings. Now windy conditions are forecast for tomorrow and Sat so will have to add wind windbreaks too.

Enjoy your day
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Morning, couldn't get the site to open earlier, but it seems fine now...….odd other sites were working fine. Was out Bat detecting again last night SWMBO is getting fed up with the late night excursions round the village lol. Starting to learn about their behaviours a bit, 2 species flying round our garden last night, wish the postie would hurry up delivering my roosting box. Take care all, looks to be cooler here today.

Comment

Morning all
                  Bit late today .
                  FF I'd feel safer on renal too. My appt would have been in outpatients though, corridor waiting room with respiratory and heart patients too. Always busy. I've got a suppressed immune system hence the not wanting me to go and see her.

Snoop , my mil was like that in hospital each time she went in. Never did get to the bottom of it. Much better now she is in a care home. Is there any news of care ?

GH was 5.2 last night , cool night . Its grey again this morning.
                  Dogs have been walked . Had some interlopers appear in same walk (never see anyone normally) .
                  Supposed to brighten this afternoon, will have another bbq if it does.

Wonder if muckdiva got the curtains done and enjoyed the bbq?

Mums morrison order to sort now .
                  Have a good day.
                  Northern England.

Comment

Morning everyone,

I'm on Blue Tit watch for the rest of the week. They are due to fledge and there is a Great Spotted Woodpecker hanging around trying to find them. Naughty Woodpecker . In between BTW I will be doing the multi pot shuffle, my garden is south facing so I spend forever moving things out of the sun and creating some shade.
                    The house is a tip. I do all my sowing and potting on in the kitchen and now the floor throughout the house is covered with compost

Its very humid here today with no sign of the heavy downpours I was so hoping for. Can we all do a raindance please?

Have a good one all!
                    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                    Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Good morni g all.
                      A beautiful,funny day but on the breezy side.
                      Going g to build a support system for my Uchi Kuri squash which I am hoping to plsnt out in the next few days.

Burnie, my daughter is also a bat lover and used go to the park on a regular basis to track thrm.

Snoop, hope your mam is getting better.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Good morning was a wee bit late surfacing this morning and when I did get up it looked as if there had been some rain, so before I had my breakfast I went out and opened up the coldframes and moved some plants out of the greenhouse and while doing that the rain came on, so once back in the house I had to go and put dry clothes on, I didn't waste any time waiting in hope, as I hadn't had my breakfast enjoy the day and pass on a smile
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Morning all,another warm one,prept and watered where the climbing beans are going last night,Snoop sorry to hear about your MOM,very frustrating for you,am here if you need a private ear ,bramble i done one last year out of cane's,worked well,Peanut sounds like my den/lady cave after sewing lots of net together for my brassica cage,just close the door,after sweeping it into a pile,more important things to do eh,Nicos hang in there lass,1 day,just 1 day it WILL be done,just in time to start decorating again ,have a good day all.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Snoop Puss that like was a very big HUG

Comment

Good evening, catching up on recordings of Beechgrove and enjoy listening to Chris Beardshaw, very knowledgeable and easy way of passing it on, I planted out the rest of my cabbages and kale, just waiting to start lifting my potatoes so that I can get the leeks in, I have given away several tomato plants and someone coming tomorrow to uplift some, also in the greenhouse I planted other 18 so happy with that and of course I still have some just incase I have several trays of French marigolds which I had sown to give in to a church shop for them to sell, (that's where the tomato plants were to go to aswell) so a lot of them have been underplanted with the tomatoes, so if nothing else grows I atleast will have a bright bed of colour in the greenhouse, right time for bed so I wish you all goodnight and keep safe, though I have been told if there is any snoring I will get some broken ribs but I have told OH before if she just gives me a shake I will try and find out where the snoring is coming from
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Thanks for all the best wishes, guys. Mum apparently off to a care home on Monday, at long last. Things will eventually improve, but she'll have two weeks of isolation on arrival. She hates all the staff at the hospital being in protective gear, can't see who they are, thinks she's been kidnapped. She's constantly terrified. Been asking the cleaner at the hospital to put notes on the window of her ward so we'll know which room she's in and can go and rescue her. The two weeks' isolation will be very difficult for her. Bad enough for her and everyone in a similar position without Covid adding to the problems.

Anyway, weather here a bit hazy today. Due to get unseasonably hot for this time of year, again. Ground is drying up a bit, so will tackle veg patch this weekend.

Not much other news. More work, but that's not news!

Have lovely days, everyone. Stay safe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X