No announcement yet.

Forum horrifically slow?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

horrendously slow doesn't even begin to describe how bad it is. By the time one logs in, gets on to a thread that interests and responds it's almost tempting just to give up and switch off. It is really really really really bad,

Comment

and then it takes several minutes for your reply to show.

Comment

I’m close to giving up for good sadly.It’s not good how long things take. Very trying. I’m definitely leaving it now for a few days at least. My time on this planet is too valuable and short for this!,

Kind Regards..........Rob

Comment

Did everyone see the message that said we’re live with bugs,they’re having a break but getting back on it Wednesday to be fixed by the end of the week. So I’m just waiting for that,can you imagine the pages loading quickly it’ll be something we’re not used to & amazing technology,something to look forward to.

Comment

Think that announcement was posted last week, JJ....
            He-Pep!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyK View Post
              This is a bit like dial up if you can remember that!
              I've forgotten why I logged in now!!!!
              Whew, dial up, that was awful. I had to work at home for some months years ago, and had just unfortunately just changed broadband provider. They took three months to connect it, and I had to use dial up all the time. The wee clock going round and round, brings back the horror just to think about it. Plus it was pay as you go, and you just knew the bill was racking up with each fruitless minute.

...and I agree, I do hope the forum speeds up soon. It's like swimming through treacle, and I do miss my visits.
              Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Hi Ya, Been a while since I last looked and I see it has had a so called up grade. I'm afraid I think it's a downgrade. The adverts drive you up the wall, it's slow to load as already said. If you switch posts it takes right back to the beginning again. Not impressed and will delete the site from my area. I will also unsubscribe from magazine. . Very sorry but bye bye all
                Last edited by burnie; 13-05-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                  Did everyone see the message that said we’re live with bugs,they’re having a break but getting back on it Wednesday to be fixed by the end of the week...
                  Seriously?! Are they waiting for 'Dummies Guide to Internet Forums' to arrive?
                  To see a world in a grain of sand
                  And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Nobody loves the IT guys. Especially system administrators.

It's hard to feel loved when no one ever talks to you unless they're already in a bad mood with you...
                    Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

On Twitter today GWO mag tweeted about the great, new, upgraded forum and how everyone should visit it. I intended to comment later today after having spent forever trying to get this great, new, upgraded forum to load and encountering countless error messages, by the time I looked for the tweet to respond, it had vanished.
                      Someone must have suggested that perhaps they were being a little keen to sing its praises just yet.
                      I thought the upgrade message on here had been removed, but I noticed it again tonight, everyone reading it will assume the Wednesday they speak of is the most recent Wednesday, it in fact referred to Wednesday 6th May, by Friday the 8th it was back to going at a snails pace and has gone backwards ever since.
                      They really should have updated it by now and acknowledged how poorly this upgrade is going.
                      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Yup , its horrendously slow.
                        can you see the bruises on my face where I've been banging my head against the wall?
                        We're all utterly frustrated.

might I take this moment to thank various Grapes who have supported us mods by flagging up spammers so we can deal with them? Everything helps. Thankyou -much appreciated x
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

You are a star Nicos.
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I don't have any problem with the Vine it seems to be working OK just now, as for it being slow, I see some were making reference to dial up, there are some Grapes who will remember when very few folk had a telephone and when making a phone call you had to go through operators, so if things are bit slow to you it's unbelievably fast for others and before anyone thinks anything, I read it in a book
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Rary, that could also depend on what part of the country you were in and whether it was rural or urban before it was upgraded.
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

I'm on fibre broadband and all sites apart from this one come in instantly here I get usually get 'internal server errors' then it takes around 1 min 37 seconds for pages to load. Then around the same after clicking post reply for the post to appear.
                                I know its not a long time but 3 mins just waiting each time you post is frustrating.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X