Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum horrifically slow?

Hi all

Is anyone else finding the forum horrifically slow after the upgrade? And not working at all on mobile, stuck in an endless login loop?

Or is it just me? There may be other posts on this but I can't see them, because the site is so slow! Let's see if I can even post this...

Thanks.

Yes,it is,that's why i have not been in much,just now was not toooooooooo bad,most of the time it's nigh impossible to get any further than first load page,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I've been coming on here and going to do something else whilst the site or thread is loading. Then I forget I was waiting and everything has moved on in the meantime. It's tedious.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

Glad it's not just me. And agreed, it's a pain, and I usually give up before any pages load...

Comment

Agreed....It is crazily slow. But this is not AFTER the upgrade!.... this is still ongoing. Yup, it's taking a crazily long time but there are things going on behind the scenes which even we mods don't know about.
          Having said that, we are steadily coming across various changes/improvements as the days go by.
          We just need to stick it out I'm afraid until it's all sorted.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks Nicos. Digits crossed!

Comment

It's a bit embarrassing really, we have had quite a few new members, wonder if they give up or stick around, no word on what is or is not going on.

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                I've been coming on here and going to do something else whilst the site or thread is loading. Then I forget I was waiting and everything has moved on in the meantime. It's tedious.
                Snap. Can't think why they chose to launch the new forum when it's clearly not working - I guess they don't know what they're doing is all!
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Im trying my best to be patient but really really struggling to convince myself to keep checking back here to the point where I’m now looking elsewhere to see what’s out there. Never thought I would do that but it’s running thin now my patience but still hanging on in there by a thread!

Kind Regards..........Rob

Comment

As we've said elsewhere...we'll keep you all updated as soon as we know anything new.

Comment

Thanks Nicos

Comment

Thanks Nicos. I’ve decided to focus on the garden and just look in occasionally to see how things are progressing. Hopefully the vine that we all know and love will be restored to us one day soon x
                        All at once I hear your voice
                        And time just slips away
                        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          As we've said elsewhere...we'll keep you all updated as soon as we know anything new.
                          Thanks Nicos.

Is there any chance that the techs could give us some sort of timeline as to when they think they may get everything fixed? Like the lockdown, it's frustrating having no idea when it will end....
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

I have asked again today for an update but whether they will see the request is unknown.

I doubt they will say how long as I already think it's taking much longer than expected -but I'll definitely prompt again...
                            Just got to hang on in there I suppose

One positive thing is that this site makes them money so they do have an incentive to get it up and running as soon as poss.

Comment

This is a bit like dial up if you can remember that!
                              I've forgotten why I logged in now!!!!
                              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X