No announcement yet.

Is there a Chemist in the house?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change filter often (no more than 4 weeks apart), keep jug in fridge when not using, and every time you change filter, soak jug etc in a milton solution (suitably diluted) for half to one hour before starting off new filteer.

Comment

But there's no need to sterilise the jug if it is only used to fill the kettle, boiling will sterilise.
      Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

just chuck the jug I say!
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

and the used filters can be placed in the fridge to deoderise......so I've been told
          Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
            But there's no need to sterilise the jug if it is only used to fill the kettle, boiling will sterilise.

Ooh, my OH worked in the water industry for twenty years, please don't tell him that one, he starts to go purple. Boiling will sterilize it.........eventually, you have to boil continuously for at least two minutes and, unfortunately, modern kettles switch off as soon as the water reaches boiling point. There are also bacteria which love boiling water; extreme thermophiles. You won't find them in tap water, but still........
            Last edited by bluemoon; 13-11-2008, 06:35 PM.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by shirley View Post
              and the used filters can be placed in the fridge to deoderise......so I've been told
              oh I say - what a good idea cos himself has now chucked the jug and we have four filters left
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                Ooh, my OH worked in the water industry for twenty years, please don't tell him that one, he starts to go purple. Boiling will sterilize it.........eventually, you have to boil continuously for at least two minutes and, unfortunately, modern kettles switch off as soon as the water reaches boiling point. There are also bacteria which love boiling water; extreme thermophiles. You won't find them in tap water, but still........
                Good point. Derail time: DNA fngerprinting would not be possible without extreme thermophiles
                Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X