No announcement yet.

My mate Marmite

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant stand marmite and i am sneezing my head of as i write this i feel like s**t again problem is tourists they leave the uk with a slight sniffle then get here and its warm and all thoose lovely germs go hey lets breed and make more people ill ...oh joy.... need to go and buy more tissues again...good consolation is that canarian brandy and coke is very nice and i think it just might help me sleep tonight

Comment

Originally posted by tracy View Post
      ...good consolation is that canarian brandy and coke is very nice and i think it just might help me sleep tonight
      As I sit here listening to the rain lashing down, hoping that the increasing wind strength doesn't do for the greenhouse, I can't help wondering if you may be losing the sympathy vote here, Tracy ....

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
        I'm going to start a Getting Into Your Foxy Christmas Dress thread where people are banned from talking about lush lush marmite on bread and butter...
        Ooooooohhhhhhhh - will we see you with Gok Wan on the telly?????

A 30 foot poster of you hanging in the Lakeside shopping centre????

I think those girls are soooooo brave. How does Gok persuade them to do it?

He must have the best chat up lines ever LOL

He only has to meet them for 10 minutes and they're naked. He's some mover.

Comment

Well I have to say, im as a man, always healthy, never known the world that has the Man Flu, lol!!!

But, my comments are more directed at the vile putrid stench of that nasty Marmite!!!

Unfortunately, I have to drive past the Marmite factory in Burton on Trent (next door to Coors - beer by product) twice a day, too and fro from work, and the stink that comes from there, I have to say, smells like a million dirty napies, mixed with the worst smells from the biggest pig and cow farms, and unfortnately even though i have all my windows closed air con on, and no air from outside being circulated, it still happens to penetrate my car, and hit my nostrils!!!
          And in the summer, i have to drive about 100metres past it, doing 70mph in a 40, to make sure i dont gag or throw up in my mouth, so its a case of, come off the round about, hold my breath, and accelate like im competing in a race to get past it!!!

Anyone that likes marmite, I dare you to come to Burton in the summer, drive past it, and then still tell me that you like marmite!!!

lol, my rant over!!!!
          An atheist is someone who denies altogether the existence of God. I'm an agnostic. An agnostic is someone who believes that there can be no proof of the existence of God, but does not deny the possibility that God exists.

http://stuartscornerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

ROFL mbronco - I'd happily sell my house and all my possessions just to live next door to that factory .

I saw a tanker full of Marmite on the A34 - thought I was in heaven.

My wife however shares the same view as you.

Comment

Just got the Marmite Cookbook thanks Glutton

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
              I've got the Marmite cookbook, if it helps
              Now, which dish to try first.......
              Last edited by Johnny Appleseed; 15-11-2008, 08:11 AM.

Comment

The Marmite Cookbook

Must try the Marmite Garlic Bread and also the Marmite Potato Wedges with Minted Yoghurt Dip

ROFL at the person in the recipe book that "keeps a jar by the bed to slip their finger into when they are peckish" -

Mrs A would not be amused - she calls it "Marsh*te"

Comment

My favourite marmite recipe is a baked potatoe, cut in half and spread marmite thickly over each side, top with cheese and place in microwave for a few seconds or under a grill to melt the cheese.....yum, comfort food at it's best.

Comment

Nicola P - now that one should be in the Marmite Recipe Book - good tip many thanks

Comment

I love books and feel they should all be treated with respect.....

But the Marmite recipe book is one that deserves only one fate - the fireplace
                      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Twiglets would be a standby for those of you who are too ill with manflu to ring your little bell...mind you- someone would need to open the packet for you first of course!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh look what I found on ebay!

The Marmite Cookbook - Hartley, Paul NEW BOOK on eBay, also, Non-Fiction Books, Books, Comics Magazines (end time 21-Nov-08 14:26:03 GMT)
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Shock - Horror - HayleyB

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                            I love books and feel they should all be treated with respect.....

But the Marmite recipe book is one that deserves only one fate - the fireplace
                            Isn't that a bookist comment?

I do laugh at the wide range of feelings this simple nourishing food generates

Just off now to make the "Marmite Steam Train" - page 69 in the Marmite Cookbook. Really

In the book -Carole Smilie the TV presenter thinks it's quote "YUK" - whereas Tom Baker (The Doctor) loves it.

Comment

That's the one!

Essential reading for Marmiteaholics everywhere.

Well found Nicos

Inside the book there are some old Marmite adverts one of which declares that "Marmite is for people of good taste" ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                Marmite and cheese toasties - yummy.
                                Indeed, Marmite and cheese on an onion bagel, heaven!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X