No announcement yet.

How do women do it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who says men cannot multi task. My OH can lie on the settee with his eyes shut and snoring but when I change channels on the TV, he was watching that!!!
    "A home without a cat is only a house"

Comment

When the kids were young, I've stirred soup, rocked a toddler on my hip and helped an older child with homework while toasting bread and timing an egg... but...

I can't park, can't read maps, can't even change a lightbulb - OH is an electrician and he changes all bulbs - and he says 'why keep a dog and bark yourself?'

Originally posted by dipseydiva View Post
      Who says men cannot multi task. My OH can lie on the settee with his eyes shut and snoring but when I change channels on the TV, he was watching that!!!
      And another thing - has anyone come into an empty room with a TV blaring, turned it off (as there's no one there), only to have some family member stroll in and say, 'I was watching that.' ?
      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
        When the kids were young, I've stirred soup, rocked a toddler on my hip and helped an older child with homework while toasting bread and timing an egg... but...

I can't park, can't read maps, can't even change a lightbulb - OH is an electrician and he changes all bulbs - and he says 'why keep a dog and bark yourself?'

And another thing - has anyone come into an empty room with a TV blaring, turned it off (as there's no one there), only to have some family member stroll in and say, 'I was watching that.' ?
        actually, thats usually me, the kids always say 'no you weren't' but i do not find it difficult to know whats going on without having to see the screen, so when i am in the kitchen, i just turn up the sound a little , i may not be 'watching' it, but i am still following it .
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
          did take the roof off a van once,
          I took the roof off my mum and dads caravan! I was so busy watching the sides I kinda missed the hieght restricter

I blame the fact that I am 5ft nothing and drive a dirty great mondeo, (cant see the ends) but have to admit I couldnt park my first car and that was a mini!
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Mrs A then pipes up, in between concentrating on her knitting and watching Little Dorrit - "That was a beautiful portrait of Grace Kelly on the previous page you were looking at"

Johny, I just think women are nosier than men, so they see everything. Us blokes can multi task, we just dont make an issue of it.
            As I type, the lady of the house is in bed whilst I am watching the news, drinking a coffee and typing this. S'easy really.
            And I shall say nothing on women and parking!!
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Ah you little ladies are worrying your pretty little heads over nothing. Of course we men allow you to think you are better and let you multitask to your hearts content, while we men sit back and relax, thinking over the more important things in life.
              I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Some men CAN multitask. They can sit on the loo, read a mag, scratch and fart all at the same time. I'm not very good at reverse parking (but that's not multitasking) but like other females have said, I can cook a meal from scratch while loading the dishwasher, talking on the phone, feeding the cat and drinking a cuppa
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                  The downside to this genetic thing is a lot of us cant park! spatial awareness, right side brain function and all that! Can do 100 things at once and still park the car at the top of the multi storey where theres loads of spaces

Now watch me get shot down by ladies who CAN park
                  I won't shoot you down, as although i can park, I think my Mum was injecting testosterone in the womb or something. I do all that parking/reversing/towing stuff (and am pretty s**t hot at reversing a trailer or lorry if I do say so myself) and used to compete at orienteering. OH likes to take me with him to new places as I have 'In-built sat-nav' and he can't find his way out of a paper bag! I did a 'brain test' on the BBC science website earlier this year and my brain came out overwhelmingly male. Oops!

Oh and I had a season ticket for footie for 8 years, too! Tried to play it at uni but I was wubbish.

ETA: I can, however multi-task!!
                  Last edited by SlugLobber; 07-11-2008, 10:42 AM.

Comment

My bezzie mate was a mechanic in the RAF, has an HGV licence, can park with only inches to spare, never gets lost, does all her own DIY, and multi-tasks like the most efficient female. Unsurprisingly, she's a single mom
                    Her favourite saying is "Not all men are stupid, some are dead"

Comment

apparently men can learn to multi task (women just do it naturally) they found that single farthers learnt it after about 3 months or so.
                      women can also hear two diffrent sounds at the same volume one played in each ear and identify them both, men just hear one, its somthing to do with being able to hear the baby over the telly.
                      Yo an' Bob
                      Walk lightly on the earth
                      take only what you need
                      give all you can
                      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

I'm with you Sluglobber.

My folks always said I should have been a boy - even had a deep voice as a kid

I can park - I've got a Land Rover it will park where ever you put it. I can tow - we've got a 26' Caravan and I tow that while OH navigates (He does the cooking to make up for it) I can read a map - but I've got a TomTom coz it's easier. And I've got an in-built compass which always tells me which way is home (apart from that one weekend in Belgium - but that may have been alcohol induced)
                        Last edited by Glutton4...; 07-11-2008, 11:04 AM.
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                          women can also hear two diffrent sounds at the same volume one played in each ear and identify them both, men just hear one, its somthing to do with being able to hear the baby over the telly.
                          That one was really useful when I worked in a Pub - having a conversation with a customer and listening to the gossip at the same time! (Nosey moo)
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                            That one was really useful when I worked in a Pub - having a conversation with a customer and listening to the gossip at the same time! (Nosey moo)
                            awfull when a hungry baby starts crying though, you either start leaking in sympathy, or get really stressed cos you can do anything.
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!
                            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

I agree with all of the above. I can't park, I land, but can multi-task. When you have kids you have to and it stays with you forever. Recently helping my daughter get ready for a party I was holding the baby, cooking nibbles and dealing with the toddler who had a tummy bug (lots of handwashing took place I promise!)
                              Not all men are useless, I sometimes think its an act. It's so much easier and quicker to do it ourselves so they just act useless. But there entertaining to watch when they do try to multi-task. Bless them

Comment

I was also a tom boy...ended up in civil engineering for 14 years; first vehicle I drove after passing my test was a transit van - and I've got fab spatial awareness. My parking isn't just parking - it has to be completely parallel to the lines, and I can tell if the OH is eating any snacks - or has eaten any snacks whilst I have been out of the room!. Much to his disgruntlement.

I do the diy and cooking - he does the washing up and the ironing. The cleaner does the rest. Ideal.

I can always tell where north is, no matter where i am.
                                Last edited by zazen999; 07-11-2008, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X