No announcement yet.

Stessed out by student comment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Halo/Gears any shootem up reaaly, it actually not that bad, it just means killing the enemy and then using the 'crouch' button repeatedly whilst standing over the corpse, I must admit, it is a teensy bit funny to watch
    Last edited by BrideXIII; 04-11-2008, 09:33 AM.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Sending him to explain what he had said to the headteacher can have strange consequences. Himself taught in a high school before working at the University and - this is going back MANY MANY years - a kid rushed in to his colleague and shouted "It's p*ssing down!" The colleague said "Go the the head's room and tell him what you've just told me!" The lad went to the head and said "Mr So-and-so said I'm to tell you it's p*ssing down, sir!"

Hmmm.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I think I am just a bit too innocent to actually venture towards Google on this one - but this has been an eye opener (OMG what have I got to look forward to??!!! )

Comment

HA HA - you guys are so funny. Dont worry I had to google it too only at first it didnt work with just tea bags so had to add a word!

Originally posted by Flytrap View Post
          Or just say that you prefer teabags dipped into boiling water. Ouch
          Wetting myself laughing!

When I started my periods, my mother gave me a sanitary towel to put on (I must have had an inkling to know what to do with it I supose) and told me she would tell me all about it later. Well that was over 20 years ago and Im still waiting!!!
          Tammy x x x x
          Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Ah....b@lls to him I say
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

I never heard of Foff either ... does it just mean F- off?
              yeah, thought i might get in trubble for saying F**K

Comment

Ah bless, aren't kids sweet!

Thanks for the laugh - as it used to say in The Reader's Digest, "It Pays To Improve Your Word Power" (copies to be found in our toilet, circa 1976) and Google has certainly just extended my dictionary!

Set him a 750 word essay to be written during Support Club on the history and development of tea - from the Boston Tea Party to the PG Tips Chimps in the '80s.
                Cheers

T-lady

Comment

Well I googled teabags and came up with what I expected. A paper sachet containing tea!!
                  I assume by the posts that the tea bags referred to are a boy's dingle dangles? What do I know though, I'm only 58!
                  If the little darling offends again I should ask him loudly to stay after the lesson and you can give him a number to ring regarding his "little problem" with a big wink at the girls!!

Comment

Well, I googled it as well and was rather shocked - I'm only 28 and had no idea what that term meant....

Honestly, kids today!!

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
                      If the little darling offends again I should ask him loudly to stay after the lesson and you can give him a number to ring regarding his "little problem" with a big wink at the girls!!
                      Like your style Polly (although it might not keep you in a teaching job too long!)
                      Cheers

T-lady

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        I would just ask him if his had dropped yet!
                        LMAO....You're too funny Snadger!! What a great come back though, he'd go bright red.

A colleague and I were training some student nurses today at a local university, and the girls were telling us a few tales about their school antics with the teachers. To be honest, we were horrified at the things the pupils said to their teachers now. I would NEVER have spoken out of turn to a teacher when I was at school - but then again, that would apply to any elder....or police officer...or neighbour! It's not like that now - the kids are rude, arrogant little so and sos....I have NO TIME for them!!!

We were also told of a teacher who was called a "fat, stupid, black, c$*@" by a pupil, and when he replied "I've told you before...I'm not fat"...she burst in to tears, reported him...and he was disciplined for humiliating her in front of her class mates! Shocking, isn't it??
                        I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Blimey,do you like teabagging indeed. the answer of course was - innocently with a coquettish look ' no, but do you?' (without missing a heartbeat.!!!! )'wooay u poof' they would of said pointing at him. cringed into the floor he would. spot the teacher of boys......

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
                            Blimey,do you like teabagging indeed. the answer of course was - innocently with a coquettish look ' no, but do you?' (without missing a heartbeat.!!!! )'wooay u poof' they would of said pointing at him. cringed into the floor he would. spot the teacher of boys......
                            funnily enough, when i mentioned this thread to my 14 yr old, that was exactly the advice he gave
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!
                            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Just to give an update. I did tell my HoD, (he didn't know what it was either), but we decided that as I hadn't reacted at the time, just instructed him to get on with his work, it was best left at that. However any more comments will be carefully noted (so we can find out what they mean ), and if it continues, under the guise of irrelevant questions/comments/not working to capapcity etc he will be exited, and parents informed of the situation. HoD said he will then produce the list and get the lad to explain them to his parents if they don't know the meanings .
                              I also had an informal chat with his Head of Year, in case any other teachers had mentioned this type of thing to her. They haven't but she is going to keep an ear to the ground.
                              I would have loved to come back with some clever retort, but you must remember, I didn't know what on earth he was talking about! Can't say I'm looking forward to Thurs, it will be a lot harder to carry on as if nothing happened, but hey, thats what we always have to do, so I'll cope.
                              Last edited by BarleySugar; 05-11-2008, 05:03 AM.
                              I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                              Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

well done barleysugar,play them at their own game,you have something they not yet developed,if ever,it's called a brain that thinks before the mouth works,all the best for thursday,did the head have a google lol,it's 1 i never heard of either,or my grown up sons.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X