Stessed out by student comment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nelliegemini View Post
    OH just suggested asking if his teabags have dropped yet - he's not a teacher either
    Great minds nellie!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I don't feel so bad, with so many of you needing to look up the meaning too I daresay a few sessions at the 'support club', to improve his poor work might be the answer. We don't call it detention, as it's designed to 'help' those who are having difficulty keeping up in class. It also helps that this is held by the HoD, so I don't have to suffer his company more than necessary.
      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

OMG, i had to google too! i am so glad that the kids i teach are 3 &4 years old!!

i would be having to tell you head, just in case, good on your school for being strong and strict, there should be more of it i say .

Comment

i soooooo couldn't be a teacher, i'd get banned for beating the kids up ..... i remember when i was all innocent like, and asked my mum what foff meant, and she dragged me upstairs by my hair and washed my gob out with soap ....... the annoying bit was she didn't tell me what it meant, and we never had google either
          Last edited by lynda66; 03-11-2008, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
            i soooooo couldn't be a teacher, i'd get banned for beating the kids up ..... i remember when i was all innocent like, and asked my mum what foff meant, and she dragged me upstairs by my hair and washed my gob out with soap ....... the annoying bit was she didn't tell me what it meant, and we never had google either
            .....so do ya know now??!!
            I think I was a particularly naive kid!I can remember giving my dad what I thought was the peace sign & being in lots of trouble!!!Funny thing was it was actually whilst he'd left us in the car so he could pop to the chemist on his own that I'd decided to use said gesture!...Don't know which was most embarrassing for him...having to tell me what was so wrong with the peace sign...or explaining what a "sheath"was for!!!Bless him!!
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

nope i'm still all innocent like, didn't dare ask again ...... i remember harvey smith doing that ..... couldn't understand what was bad about it, it was on the telly

Comment

Teabagging - I had to look it up too ! I thought it was going to be something truly vile & hideous that would crash my computer .... but it just made me laugh.
                The slang changes with each generation, but the point is the same: try and embarrass other people when you feel inferior (he can't keep up in class? Should spend less time game-playing)

If he mentions it again, look him right in the eye and ask how he likes his own tea? Strong and black, white and weak? All innocent like

Or make up some crazy thing that he has to go off and Google himself - how about puddling in? Or dibbing?

I never heard of Foff either ... does it just mean F- off?

* down with the kids, not
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'm liking the idea of asking if he likes puddling in or dibbing...

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    I would just ask him if his had dropped yet!
                    Or say that his mum had mentioned he was still wetting the bed.
                    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I just remembered:-
                      doing "work experience" aka slave labour, in a hairdressers on a really chavvy estate when I was 14 or so ... they kept asking me if I wanted to sweep the floor, make the coffee or do the blow jobs ....

I had NO idea !
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                        I'm liking the idea of asking if he likes puddling in or dibbing...
                        Leeks I pressume?................"toddles off to to look something else up on google".........whatever did we do before we had google?
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ask the little darling when he last had a spitroast - if he is says he hasn't then feel free to snigger loudly, spluttering into your hand, ensuring all his classmates see/hear you - if he says 'yesterday' say 'respect' and give him that finger thing as per hoodie thread

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          whatever did we do before we had google?
                          we learnt from our peers! My college teacher always tells us 'just because it is on the internet doesn't mean it is correct'...now I know she wasn't referring to teabagging in this instance but nonetheless.....
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Or just say that you prefer teabags dipped into boiling water. Ouch

Comment

Boy the stuff you can learn on a gardening site!!!!!

Think Google is working overtime today!!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I've never heard of that before! Suppose kids are always like that, even when I was in Primary 6 (9/ 10 years) people would ask each other silly things like "have you got a pencil or a sharpener?" Pathetic really!

I could definitely not be a secondary teacher, I take Brownie Guides (7-11 years) once a week and thats enough for me!
                                http://jenegademaster.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X