Job well done

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Reminds me of another apt story. My old neighbours, both sadly departed now (but both had a good life and lived until there nineties), wanted to get engaged during WW2. Money was tight so old George doubled an elastic band and put it on Betty's finger.
    George was so chuffed she'd kept it! She still had the elastic band in her jewelry box when she finally passed away earlier this year!
    What a romantic story and how lovely that she kept the elastic band!

Are there any great romantics left?

Do any grapes have a romantic event/story?

And Jacob - to me, cleaning the chimney was romantic enough! I wish my OH would do ours!
    My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post

Do any grapes have a romantic event/story?
      Not sure if this counts, but when I was wooing my OH and she still lived abroad, I sent her some flowers one christmas we could not be together, I got the biggest load of flowers I could afford, which looked pretty big in the interflora catalogue.
      As their entire family was sitting down to christmas dinner there was a knock at the door and a delivery driver brought in a bunch of flowers so big he could hardly lift it
      She was nicely chuffed

Its a good thing to remember, you always get more flowers for your money in the Netherlands
      "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X