What do you love about this time of year?:D

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
    Although I intended this to be a happy thread!!..I must say snow is NOT one of the things I love!!(unless it's at the w/e so Andi can have snowman making duties,whilst I'm caring mummy lovingly preparing the hot chocolate in the warmth of the kitchen!!(I may just pop out with the camera & take a few pics,but the feeling of ice cold snow on my gloves is not my idea of fun!!)

I like 'proper' snow - deepncrispneven. We used to get proper snow when I lived in Derbyshire and Yorkshire, and if it was really proper, it fell on Sautrday night and disapeared Sunday night. We used to build an igloo for our cat to hide in so he could pounce on our other cat = we always put the door in the wrong place and he had to redo it.

Ahh happy times. Now we just get rain, been here 9 years and had snow deep enough to cover the grass once.
    Nell

Comment

I get very excited when the clocks go back because I know it won't be long before our village turns the Christmas lights on. Our village is so pretty and the lights make it truely magical - I'm so glad we'll finally be moved into the village by Christmas (new house is nearly ready for second fix!)

Comment

Monthly Sunrise Sunset Times for London, United Kingdom

If you copy and paste this it takes you to the sunrise/sunset calendars which I print off and tick off every day. Sad that I am.

Comment

With the smell of a toasted cheese and ham sarnie wafting all around I thought of this post and thought it still had some life in it! I only ever do toasties when its cold or wet and its a great comfort snack (just hate cleaning the darn thing afterwards LOL!!!) but I also love, at this time of year; beef and barley stew, lasagne, shepherds pie, and not forgetting tomato soup (though it has to be the one that "lives in a tin" as my dd once requested!!!) as by good ole Heinz!
          Tammy x x x x
          Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

...and baked potatoes! Hmmm....
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Walking the dog and kicking up leaves for him to chase.

Proper clothes - being a fatty I don't like summer stuff - a good fleece hides all (most) of the bulges.

Looking forward to decorating the house for Christmas - real Holly and Ivy (I hate tinsel) and old-fashioned baubles like oranges stuck with cloves.

Praying for snow - never get enough - It snowed the day I was born, so perhaps that's why I like it - I'm the oldest snowball-fight starter I know!

Sampling last year's Sloe Gin, and deciding if I can bear to give it away as Christmas gifts.

Better stop now, or I will go on all night. X
              Last edited by Glutton4...; 05-11-2008, 05:41 PM.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Marthaclematis View Post
                Monthly Sunrise Sunset Times for London, United Kingdom

If you copy and paste this it takes you to the sunrise/sunset calendars which I print off and tick off every day. Sad that I am.
                Actually I do that in my diary. It helps with the SAD if I can see that things are getting better by the day!!

Comment

I love soups, baked tatties, fleecy jim jams, my hot water bottle (with Tigger cover), stews, any hot British pudding - crumbles, bread and butter.... with custard, and I agree with Glutton - being able to hide the excess under fleeces.

Comment

Well I like lots of things, I like the dark mornings as the nipper stays a little longer in bed, (selfish I know).
                    I like curling up around the fire with no lights on and listening to it crackle.
                    I like the cold especially when I'm working in the garden as whatever you do now doesn't have to be redone in a weeks time!! (like mowing for example).
                    I like having time in the evenings to plan what I am gonna do next year, and I love being able to have a hot chocolate curling my colds hands around the mug, and feely all cosy warm inside.

Why is it that we have to work our hardest when its hot, and less when its cold? My wellies are never clammy in this weather!
                    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X