No announcement yet.

My best friend

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Maureen and Robin, please accept my condolences.

The memories of your mum that at this moment make you feel sad, will in time bring you comfort, and the things they would say and do will spring into your memory each day like little jewels reminding you of how rich you are to have known and loved them.

Comment

Maureen and Robin,

Sorry to hear about your sad news. Here's thinking of you and your loved ones. xxx

Comment

I'm so glad it was only my cat that died today. Puts things into perspective.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Very sad to hear of your sad loss - at least your Mum had those she held most dear to her close at the end. It's not always possible for some folks and guilt ensues.

She's not really 'gone' - she'll be with each of her girls in her own special way and I'm sure will take on the mantle of guardian angel just as she would have done whilst here on the Earth.

Every loss no matter how close or how far is precious to those who will miss them the most.

I wish you and your family peace at this terrible, sad time of loss - but do celebrate the life and all that it meant to you - sounds like he was one special lady your Mum!
          Last edited by quark1; 19-10-2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Maureen and Robin,
            I'm so very sorry to hear of your losses. You are both in my thoughts.
            Kirsty
            x
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

sorry to hear of both your losses, sending my best wishes to you and yours
              The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Maureen and Robin so sorry to hear your news. My mum died just over four years ago and we were all with her at the hospital, I nearly didnt make it as it was summer time and I had taken my daughter to the beach, unbeknown to me my sisters had been trying to contact me all day, as I drove home I thought I wont go in now I will come back later without my daughter as mum was very Ill and I didnt want my daughter to see her like that, then I thought no I know what will happen and I wont be bothered later, so I went in, to see my sister running up the corridor with a strange expression on her face, wondering how had I known, well I didnt until we went in and I knew then that mum didnt have long, the three of us and my sister's oh my niece and nephew were with her and if I had gone home I wouldnt have been able to say goodbye as each one of us arrived she calmed down as she was very aggitated as sad as it was it was very comforting to know we were all together as mum slipped away at the age of 92. We couldnt have wished for a better mum.
                Take comfort from the fact that as a family you were all together with her love to you all.
                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                and ends with backache

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss. I thought it would be appropriate to share one of my favourite poems with you. Regardless of your God, I'm sure you'll agree with this and appreciate the sentiment behind it.

I could search the whole world over, until the end of time,
                  and never find a Mother as wonderful as mine.
                  If there is another life, and we are born once more.
                  I pray that God will give to me the Mother I had before!

Take care of yourself - my thoughts are with you.
                  I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sorry to hear about Maureen and Robin's losses. Even though parents may reach a great age and have had a good innings as they used to say, they were still ours and we loved them and miss them. Thinking of you both.
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thank you all for the kind messages. My mother did live to a ripe old age (88) and my father (90 last Monday) has accepted his loss, saying I promised to take care of her till death do us part and I did! (Married 68 years!!!) Both had "green fingers" and both loved nature, contrary to what you may read in the news, we have a lot going for us in this world, so don't think about yesterday or tomorrow think about now live in today not the past or future ... this is a wonderful world as any gardener will tell you
                      http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

So sorry to hear this sad news Maureen and Robin. My mum died just over two years ago, alone at home in her sleep, so I never really got to say goodbye. Even so, she is with me every day, guiding me still and living through me. I hope you both find this same comfort in time even though it really hurts now. My thoughts and prayers are with you both and I will light a candle to guide your mums home. Sue xxxx
                        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Maureen and Robin, sad new from the 2 of you! Although I do not know either of you My thoughts are with you both! Nothing that anyone says will help that much I know that from when my dad passed away a few years ago! I guess one comfort is that you have your friends and all of us grapes to turn to if ever you feel like talking or want a distraction!

God guide and rest your loved ones!
                          Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by digthatchick View Post
                            we have a lot going for us in this world, so don't think about yesterday or tomorrow think about now live in today not the past or future ... this is a wonderful world as any gardener will tell you
                            I just found the lyrics to one of my all time favourite songs! Please read the words below, as I feel the song fits in with this quote so well!

The song is by 2 of today's modern and well respected reggae artists Gentleman and Jack Radics! Both are recognised for their conscious lyrics! The song has a very beautiful and spiritual sound, not what most people would think of as reggae at all! Please look it up on you tube to hear for yourself thanks peeps!! The song is caled

No Time Like Now

Chorus:
                            No time like present
                            There is no time like now
                            Feel the spirit of Jahoviah
                            Moving inside you now
                            No time like present
                            There is no time like now
                            Feel the power of almighty
                            Living inside you wow

Jack Radics:
                            And then life it is like a river
                            Sometimes it takes me to places
                            there Im warm and all
                            And then it's cold till I shiver
                            Well, now, but thats just the way it goes

Gentleman:
                            Sometimes it rapid
                            Sometimes it steep
                            Sometimes it bitter sometimes sweet
                            Sometimes it calm to put we to sleep
                            Sometimes we hafi cross a bridge that is weak
                            Sometimes we slip
                            Sometimes we slide
                            Sometimes it takes us to the other side
                            Sometimes it narrow sometimes it wide
                            Always knowing the most high gonna guide

Chorus

Gentleman:
                            Dem bury us but like flowers now we grow
                            Planted by the waters of wisdom you know
                            Marvel not of things look because it shows
                            Yesterday becomes today tomorrow goes
                            If what you seeking is a peace of mind
                            Blind can't be deaf and the deaf left behind
                            I beg you open up your eyes mankind
                            Can't you see we living ina perilous time

Chorus

Jah/God bless
                            Last edited by Irie Jan; 21-10-2008, 11:20 AM.
                            Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by digthatchick View Post
                              Thank you all for the kind messages. My mother did live to a ripe old age (88) and my father (90 last Monday) has accepted his loss, saying I promised to take care of her till death do us part and I did! (Married 68 years!!!) Both had "green fingers" and both loved nature, contrary to what you may read in the news, we have a lot going for us in this world, so don't think about yesterday or tomorrow think about now live in today not the past or future ... this is a wonderful world as any gardener will tell you
                              Wow so well said in a few words, that brought tears to my eyes reading it! Love to you both x

Comment

Thinking of you, Maureen and Robin
                                My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X