River Cottage Autumn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
    Hmm, Todmorden, thats the Church that Yo and Bob got married in, I'm almost positive of it!!!!
    We were just laughing at the way he said Todmoooordon rather than just Todmudun as I've always heard it said. Like the idea of geurilla veg growing tho, only ever heard of it with flowers before.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
      Yes please!
      I've put it in the recipe section for you lou Made it last night and it's already half disappeared not all me, honest

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I've made a similar one before, it's very nice but it doesn need to be eaten up pretty quickly as I didn't find it keeps very well - not necessarily a problem though!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie Wife View Post
          I've put it in the recipe section for you lou Made it last night and it's already half disappeared not all me, honest
          Lovely, have just been making orange pollenta cake, so may have to wait a day or 2 before I make another cake!
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I now know what to do with my borlotti beans! If I ever get my hands on pass-the-parcel I am putting in a few packs of borlotti. Loooove beetroot!

Comment

I missed the start! working!!! Its not the church in cornholme sue Its st peters in town (tod) though they are sister churches and tend to take it in turns to host the bigger events, and they look the same.
              and its todm'don not todmoorden.
              Hurry up and win the lottery mr and mrs dobby then we can help with the veg planting.
              Yo an' Bob
              Walk lightly on the earth
              take only what you need
              give all you can
              and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

only saw the last part cos i was watching friends
                Stacey x ♫

Comment

oh to have his lifestyle looks like hard work but really fulfilling!! love the programme
                  oh well ill stop the dreaming carry on my 9-5!!!!

Comment

I shall have to hope the series comes out on DVD as not too much telly out here and only have French telly at home. Surely thats exactly what grandkids were invented for?

Homesick in Sudan
                    Bob Leponge
                    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      It's on.
                      I had to stop eating my tea when they were forcing all that offal through the mincer

I really like Hugh ... until he eats all his pets
                      They aren't really pets, since he always intended them for eating, but surely better to give them as good a life as possible while it lasts, than live on the factory-farmed stuff from the cheap shelves of the supermarket?
                      Things like spleen (melts) and lungs (lights) always went to the dog and the cats when we had home-grown mutton, but I used to make a 'special casserole' of liver, kidneys and heart. Our sheep were killed at home, which was (at the time, no idea about now) quite legal as long as we neither sold nor gave away ANY of the meat! (but there was no reason we couldn't invite guests to dinner).
                      Home slaughter meant no stressful trip to the abattoir, no 'smell of killing' to scare them in their last few moments, and no doubts about how quickly they died!
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Didn't Flum's "real" son (not HW) try guerilla veggie growing? Or intend to anyway?

Missed it last week, but hope to catch it again (Ch4 being a nice one that allows those "outside the territory" to access their webcasts!!). Will defeinitely be watching this week though.

Comment

Which Mr.Hugh recipes have you tried?I made a fish pie once and must admit it was delicious...

Comment

I must confess to being a real HFW addict, and have all his books and watch as much as I can. As was said earlier, its his enthusiasm and his caring attitude that I enjoy.
                            I have tried a number of recipes, and have yet to have a failure (but give me time).
                            I dont like cheese (and live in France??) but due to monster courgette glut tried his courgette and goats cheese soup and it was deeeellliiissshhhhhh.
                            Also did his green tom chutney, just fantastic!!
                            Will do the fish pie when I get home this time.
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

A heads up for tonight.

Apparently:

"Hugh prepares a six course banquet at the Canteen restaurant, using only autumn vegetables"

I'm still picking Borlotti and Runner beans, and my Red Kuri squash isn't ready yet and my Jerusalem artichokes still have good green growth - so 'autumn' will be an interesting definition.
                              Nell

Comment

and jolly splendid his veggie banquet was too
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X