No announcement yet.

Terrible news: Mr Sheds is unwell

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Two_Sheds;295951Now, am I just a horrible old witch, or do I have some sympathy here girls?[/QUOTE]

not a witch TS but a saint....Mr TS is lucky not to be wearing the stewpot on his head, if hes still really poorly tomorrow just leave the nutty yogurt for his lunch
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by mrsc2b View Post
      You have my full sympathy TS! You going to have to plan some way of making him get up off the couch though. Let me have a think. Maybe someone else can think of something?
      drawing pins on the sofa, super glue the buttons on the remote, make a list of stuff to be done, and stick it to the telly, let him make his own bloody lunch, and drop a packet of prawns down the back of a hot radiator ..... tomorrow you will come in from work to a gleaming house, cos he'll have spent all day cleaning to get rid of the disgusting smell ...... and if he dares moan, then i feel you need to have a week of man flu, so you can get him to run round like you've done for him. good luck ..... i know a good divorce lawyer

or does anyone think that's going a bit far???
      Last edited by lynda66; 16-10-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        So, I've been out working hard all day. I did him a pan of stew before I left, and put a load of washing on.

Got home, 5pm. Washing still wet in machine.
        Smiling through gritted teeth, I said "I meant to ask you to hang out the washing".

'Didn't even think about it' he says. 'but I did manage to go for a walk to the bookies'.

Gritting teeth harder, I say "I'm just popping out for some milk, as it's all been used up"

----------

Get home, washing still wet in machine. Man on couch, remote clutched in paw.
        Stew goes in bin.

Now, am I just a horrible old witch, or do I have some sympathy here girls?

Darling if you were a witch,there would be a large warty toad sitting on that sofa by now.
        He can thank his lucky stars you ain't.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
          Darling if you were a witch,there would be a large warty toad sitting on that sofa by now.
          He can thank his lucky stars you ain't.
          but the way two sheds describes him ....... he is a large warty toad

Comment

well i wasn't gonna be brave enough to say that!
            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bridexiii View Post
              well i wasn't gonna be brave enough to say that!
              wimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                wimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                asbo-fruitin-looply!!
                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about Mr Sheds. Hope for your sake he gets better soon.

I get man flu too, even though I am female. My hubby has managed not to be here every time I had a cold for four years until a few weeks ago. He didn't know what hit him!! I like to make hot toddies with lemsip, fresh lemon, honey, and whatever old scotch is around the place, yum.

Comment

lynda66, bless you for the ManFlu link... !
                    X

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                      do I detect a slight lack of sympathy in this post?
                      Only because, when I have a bad cold, he goes to the pub! Last Xmas Eve, I was really unwell, so ill I couldn't get myself to the local for a medicinal Bloody Mary or three. I was really miserable, the whole family and all our friends were there.

Mr Sheds got me a Lemsip and a bog roll, and said "right, do you mind if I go then?" He didn't even ring me to see if I was okay.

I've also been doubled up on the floor of Waitrose with period pain, and just walked off (mind you, I was groaning a lot)
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

He's okay now. Gone off to work, happy as larry.

I got a latte and laptop in bed before he left (that's romantic when you get to our age!)

I think leaving him in the house on his own yesterday, and 'forgetting' to take my phone with me, did the trick: no sympathy = no point
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          Only because, when I have a bad cold, he goes to the pub! Last Xmas Eve, I was really unwell, so ill I couldn't get myself to the local for a medicinal Bloody Mary or three. I was really miserable, the whole family and all our friends were there.

Mr Sheds got me a Lemsip and a bog roll, and said "right, do you mind if I go then?" He didn't even ring me to see if I was okay.

I've also been doubled up on the floor of Waitrose with period pain, and just walked off (mind you, I was groaning a lot)
                          lol, my ex husband (no wonder really) when i was in labour!!!!! decided to kn*b off home because he was hungry. he came back 4 hours later!

Comment

lol, my ex husband (no wonder really) when i was in labour!!!!! decided to kn*b off home because he was hungry. he came back 4 hours later!
                            I sent mine home, he was neither use nor ornament. White as a sheet and more scared than me.

He (surruptitiously) brought a bottle of champagne when he returned. The nurses turned a blind eye and we celebrated in style - with the other mothers in the ward
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

mine went off with my brother to buy a PS1, with my eldest.
                              funnily enough he went off to buy a PS2 with my youngest.

ditched said husband and bought my own Xbox 360
                              Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X