No announcement yet.

One day I'll get it right!!:rolleyes::D

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the club,my children's schooldays were so disorganised, even though I got up at five every morning, that often I couldn't find shoes and they went in wellies or barefoot.
    I remember rushing them down the lane to school one morning and discovering on arrival that my jumper was inside out.
    A perfectly couiffered, dressed and made-up Mummy looked at me in awe and said "I wish I were like you", I simpered. Then "And didn't care what I looked like" So my jumper was inside out, I had one black and one green wellie on and a bucket over one arm as I had geese to feed on the way. My children have grown to be lovely, balanced and useful people so I didn't do much wrong.
    P.S. my wellies still don't match and my jumper still tends to be inside out, I tend to get dressed in the dark.

Comment

we have a list pinned to the inside of the front door, underneath the 'danger, opening may cause a threat of fresh air' sign

it reads:
      have you got:
      your homework,
      your mobile phone
      your PE kit
      your football boots
      lunch money
      A BRAIN!!!

they still forget things though.
      as for always being early for everything, I always am, and my kids always moan that we get to appointments etc half an hour before we have to be there. I have yet to live down a certain orthodontist appointment this year, we arrived a day early ( i wrote the date down wrong), I have been hearing about it ever since when we get some where early, 'oh mum, at least we are not a whole DAY early!'
      Last edited by BrideXIII; 09-10-2008, 05:35 PM.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Twice last week I forgot my son's dinner money, then I sent him in uniform when all the others had jeams on (my excuse was he was off having his operation when the letter came round) so I had to run home to get them.
        The the next day I left THE BABY in his buggy under a tree in the payground in the rain while I ran back to the car. Only realised when I got in and started the engine and turned round to give him a toy!

Ooops, luckily he was none the wiser and was still sitting under the tree, when I legged it back.

I swear before I had children my brain worked properly. I blame it on having to now think for me, 2 children and OH. It's wearing the darn thing out!

janeyo

Comment

Janeyo!!re baby!!!I don't feel half so bad now about sending Daisy to school with a broken arm now!!(I thought it was a sprain!!)
          I'd love to agree that it's since being a mum...but...I'd possibly be lying!!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

i sent mine to school with stomach ache......how was i supossed to know it was a rumbling appendix
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
              i sent mine to school with stomach ache......how was i supossed to know it was a rumbling appendix
              My mum did that to me!!It burst!!!Gave me three months off school though so I have absolutely no hard feelings!(but maybe now see where I get it from!!)

Comment

[QUOTE=andi&di;292851]My mum did that to me!!It burst!!!Gave me three months off school though so I have absolutely no hard feelings!(but maybe now see where I get it from!!)[/QUOTE

glad i'm not a bad mum then, i did give her some medicine before she went to school though
                must be in the genes......dont know where i get it from though, my mums the most organised person on this earth..... must be from dads side
                Last edited by Hans Mum; 09-10-2008, 08:58 PM.
                The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

None of us is bad mums!!.....neglectful at times maybe..but hey.so long as they survive & it gives us a giggle!!

Comment

Yo is very funny and thats no mistake.

Whats an uber mum??, I always thought I was very organised until I saw the state of all the yummy mummies on transit to school. Even in a shirt and tie, I look smarter in me jim jammies.
                    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I mightn't quite be a yummy mummy but even I've never done the school run in me PJ's!!(not that i can remember anyway!!)

Comment

Never done the school run in jammas but did leave second child in a shop, got half way home before I twigged. Locked first one in the car in his car seat, a friend had to dash home for spare keys while I made faces at him through the window
                        Hey they survived and they are great kids, most days anyway
                        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                          Janeyo!!re baby!!!I don't feel half so bad now about sending Daisy to school with a broken arm now!!(I thought it was a sprain!!)
                          I'd love to agree that it's since being a mum...but...I'd possibly be lying!!
                          oh di, that now has me laughing not at poor Daisy, but at you LOL! and the way you put things! you truly are a rock love xx

Comment

from the other side of the school fence: it is so annoying when half your class turns up without their PE kit ! It wastes half the lesson trying to get them into the lost property kit.

Not to mention forgotten homework, forgotten snacks & drinks (so the poor kids are hungry all morning) ... I have even given children my own apples when they have nothing.

On school trips (inevitably raining) : no wellies, no coats for several children.

I know what it's like though, trying to organise yourself, your hubby & your kids all at once - I have no memory at all, myself. I can't even remember how old my siblings are, or where my passport is. I survive by having lists permanently on the fridge: shopping lists, to do lists, packing lists, must remember lists, gardening jobs lists etc.

I also have daily & weekly reminders (put out the bin, collect prescription) programmed into my phone - the beeping drives Mr Sheds mad.

We have a Family Organiser (calendar with 4 columns, one for each person) on the wall. Everything that is mentioned in passing, any notes that come home from school, dates to remember, activities, are written on the calendar without delay ... otherwise they're forgotten.
                            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 11-10-2008, 06:33 AM.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

well i can relate to the world of MM! mad motherhood!!!! i was late picking the kids up from basketball yesterday and forgot to give them some pennies for " Book Day"

i am thanking the world that i am not the only mum who forgets things LOL!!

Di, in my eyes you are a lovely mum and a true superstar, and extremely FAF!!!!

I hope i can get the kids today in one piece x lol!!

SS

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                                I don't feel half so bad now about sending Daisy to school with a broken arm now!
                                My sister broke her arm in PE; the teacher thought she was being soft and made her carry on
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X