X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    (((big hugs)) to you and poorly kitten - get well young kitten
    x
    she seems to be recovering, its been touch and go though. I shan't be holding my breath, if she makes it another 6 months then we should be ok, but cat flu is a nasty thing, the mother was infected with it whilst pregnant, and we nearly lost her and her brother, so the fact that any of the kittens were born was a surprise, we lost one at 3 days, the other is ok and living next door, and piggle was better enough today to go outside for a while, and is eating again like a horse!

thanx for the hugz.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

anyone know how long I will feel this bad?

I keep finding myself thinking he is upstairs on the bed and then realise I have killed him and someone stabs me in the heart?

Just wondering how long it takes to level out?
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

No piskie - you haven't 'killed' him - you have eased his way to a quieter place.

His array of illnesses would have finished him off in a very unpleasant and distressing manner - not only for you but, most importantly, him - and probably in not too long a time.

You're just missing your little friend and as each day passes this last unhappy day will be replaced by the stronger memories of happier times. Believe me its true!

I guess if you felt nothing at all you might need to ask yourself if you are truly a caring person - I think you've answered that one already. Time will heal.

Comment

I keep finding myself thinking he is upstairs on the bed and then realise I have killed him and someone stabs me in the heart?

you didnt kill him piskie, you did the only thing a caring owner can do and let him go humanely.......it takes a while to be able to remember them without the stabbing pain but unfortunately thats the downside of being a pet lover & i know you wouldnt want him back to suffer (((HUGS)))
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

thank you Q and HM - tonight though I feel like shi!!te
            Last edited by piskieinboots; 11-10-2008, 08:47 PM.
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

every time you turn round, every time you look at the window, every time you walk past where he would normally sleep or eat, it will rip your heart out, but then bit by bit you'll see the well charlie, the one not in pain sat there, then you'll start to smile again, at little things he did, his silly little moods, the dead mice he's brought you, it does take time, like any death, he has been a part of your life for a very long time, sorry, it's not going to go away over night.

regarding you 'killing' him, all you did was bring forward a short time what would have probably happened in a month or so anyway, he went peacefully, with the people he loved at his side,and he's no longer in pain ........ but then you could have let him go on, getting in more and more pain, getting sicker and sicker, and in the end maybe you would have been out when the time came, and he would have died in pain, ALONE , ....... i know which one i'd prefer.

sends big big hugssssssss it will get better in time ..... but you REALLY did the right thing for charlie, however guilty you feel.

Lynda xxx

Comment

anyone know how long I will feel this bad?

Piskie, we went through this almost a year ago, and occasionally I still have a weep. You gave him a good life, the best he could possibly hope for, did everything to make him happy and in the end you did THE LAST KIND THING you could do for him. Just remember that in the bad moments.

I'm off for a cry now. Hugs, love BM.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

It took months for me to get over having our black cat put down.
                  I used to see him sitting everywhere- but it was only my black handbag dumped on the floor or sofa.

We planted him under a japanese maple bush and for years my OH used to say how-do to him as he walked past him in the garden.
                  You didn't kill him piskie- you gave him relief from something awful, which would have only got worse...and then it'd have been cruel to keep him alive just to keep you company.
                  He knows you loved him...it goes without saying really xx
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I found that I had good days and bad days. I adopted an elderly lady's cat next door when she passed away, and she gave me years of love, but when her kidneys gave up on her, I had no hesitation in calling the vet. We put her to sleep on the dining room table. That was over fifteen years ago. I never regret putting her out of her misery, and nor should you sweetheart. I dreadfully missed Tiggy at first, and then it turned into a warm cuddly love hug memory after a while, each time I thought of her. Your cat chooses YOU to be their owner out of all the people in the world. That kinda makes you special Piskie.
                    X

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                      while you're down there luv
                      Can you polish me shoes???
                      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss.Deepest Sympathy.
                        The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                          Can you polish me shoes???
                          was needing my laces tied it's ok though i got em done in the end

Comment

thank you Q and HM - tonight though I feel like shi!!te
                            how you feeling today Piskie?? xxxx
                            Last edited by lynda66; 12-10-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

kinda odd - we went out for a long blast on the bike this morning, I just relaxed on the back whilst Snowdrop did the hard work - as I always do....and due to time of year I was surrounded by orange leaves - on trees, on the ground, floating in the air ....I smiled and whilst my heart ached, and still does, I gave him another cuddle in my head

The rational side of my bonce knows it was right, it heart side of my bonce is being totally selfish

You're a lovely bunch of kind thoughtful Grapes
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Well done Piskie, sounds like you are getting there. It is slow, every time I go to the horsey field I still wonder where the other one is. It gets easier to accept that you did the kind thing and that keeping him going longer would have been cruel and only satisfying your selfish need to have him around.
                                Happy Gardening,
                                Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X