No announcement yet.

Update on Charlie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'd be inclined to leave him be & see how he goes on & just take him back to the vet's if he gets poorly again. It's not the amount of money that would worry me but the suffering both of you would have to go through if he had to have an operation & was in pain & then it still didn't work.
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

you lot are truly wonderful - thank you again
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

I think I would leave him alone too.
        My cat crazy aged 16 had been ill for a while. In the past 8 months he`d had 2 strokes. The vet gave him steroid injections each time and said while his quality of life is good leave him alone. The day before we went on holiday he had another stroke. My mum was looking after the pets while we were away and when she went to see him on the Sunday morning he was hardly breathing, so she rang my sister who was going to take him to the vet but by the time she got round to take him he had died.
        He died peacefully in his sleep on his favourite part of the landing. I`m glad he didn`t go to the vet as he died in familar surroundings and I think the car ride would of been stressful to him. He is now buried under the conker tree that I planted in my parents back garden when I was 5.
        Last edited by sharonr; 17-09-2008, 07:19 PM.
        I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Poor Piskie, it's always difficult but I am always one for seeing what comes out in the wash with the animals unless they are in pain. You've definitely done the right thing. Our Alf has cost us a fortune in the last couple of years he's 18 and has colon problems - too many mice blocking him up too often in the past and needing enemas and so on - he now something where his colon doesn't work efficiently and has to be carefully monitored and managed with liquid paraffin and katalax to make sure he doesn't end up costing us more.
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X