Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
    Licquorice and Kali (spelling? kay-lie)
    If anyone can tell me how to spell it , too, I'd be most grateful! My friend lived next to a factory making the stuff in Bolton and we used to go begging at the back door. Sometimes they did give us a box! I'd be furious if my kids did that, now!

Recently rediscovered Belgian Buns and French Fancies. When I was a nipper I loved Wham bars, sherbert dips, those really hot gobstoppers, ka-li/kay-lie/whatever, bon bons, cola cubes, pineapple cubes. Might have to browse those shop links posted (you norty people for posting those!!).

Comment

Just been on one of them and found that Whispas are coming back! Yippeeeee!!!

Comment

When I was a kid my Great Aunt lived near a sweet factory, the original building though had been a munitions factory during WWII and consequently was still known as 'The Powder Works' by everyone in the village, presumably something to do with gun-powder. Anyway, I knew they made sweets so, being a kid and putting 2 and 2 together, I assumed that all the sherbet in the world must come from there. When Great Auntie passed away and I no longer had reason to go to her village any more I would often spend my pennies on sherbet, just for the comfort and the memories of those days spent with her. I was heartbroken when I found out that the sweet factory actually made 95% toffees and never, ever made sherbet (or kali)
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I have recently rediscovered Sausage egg and beans, with mini brown toast - yummy - it was a staple diet in my youth. Had forgot just how good it was.

Alsoo on the sweet front - sour apples
          Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
            those really hot gobstoppers,
            I think they were called Fireballs - came in packs of three (ooer), and you could also get sour ones, and I think they did ice cream flavoured ones.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

i have recently rediscovered sleep. My son no longer gets me up all night with asthma attacks and my daughter has stopped playing musical beds. My husband works nights so I have very much been on my own with it - then got up at 6am to commute to London to teach, sometimes until quite late with very little sleep. I must be mad. yes give me sleep over any gobstopper or wispa!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X