Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen what Wellie's done now...?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wellie View Post
    Thank you Jennie.
    Hard work is only ONE aspect! And I like to take inspiration from wherever it comes.
    Sorry, I wasn't implying there was a lack of talent!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Many congratulations Wellie. Wonderful entries and the cake looks superb. May I ask what type of cake hid under the fantastic artwork? If I tried something like that I would need a big pot of edible Tippex!!!

Well done hunn (sorry been missing lately - again - BT keep breaking our internet connection)
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Ah now Jennie we've got crossed wires here honeybunny. I didn't for one anno-wotsit imply you were implying no talent was involved! Hard work is One, The Patience of A Saint is Two, Being Mad as a Box of Spanners is Three, and so it goes on.....! X

Comment

Thank you Flummy! and thank you for your lovely comments on my Blob as well. I'm glad someone else is prone to creating such a mess in their kitchen in order to create their own masterpieces, I've felt quite lonely on that topic up until now! and yes, a Group Toot is very satisfying of an evening, isn't it girls!

Awww! Thanks Shirl(ey), it's a Madeira Cake, which tends to keep fresher for longer than an ordinary sponge, so better for cakes that take a while to decorate, as this did!
          And I think you've made a brilliant invention there with the Edible Tippex. I will phone Tippex immediately and get them onto it for you (she lied....) X

Comment

Someone told wellie a porky.....

So MY HUMBLEST APOLOGIES to The Forest of Dean & Wye Valley Review Newspaper, for reporting that payment was needed for their photographer to turn up and take photos at The Aylburton Show. This appears to be very very far from the truth. On visiting The Review offices myself this very day, it was a case of 'everyone thought someone else was covering the story' and in truth, no-one was.
            So please don't sue me, pretty please....?!

Comment

Well done Wellie - what a very clever cake! You have me inspired - off to try something out...
              Tammy x x x x
              Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

May we ask what Finedon.Dandy? Oooh! I'm intrigued now!

andi&di - I'd love to talk HOOVERS if you'd like to! You promised if I showed you yours that you'd show me mine - and naturally, I want to show me mine, and you yours Angel.
                PM me inbetweenie if you want, I'm here. X

Comment

Cheers Me Dear!!Expect that rather panicky PM sometime Fri 5th!!(or if i'm more organised the eve of the 4th!!)It's the hose that's giving me current nightmares!
                  the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

STOP PRESS!
                    MY Front Page on THEIR Front Page in this evenings' Forest of Dean & Wye Bother Review.

Attention all GrowYourOwn Staff ! Check out the free plug for GYO in the top right corner of my cake.

Okay, I'm off cloud nine now folks. Normal Wellie will be resumed as soon as possible. Thank you for watching.
                    X
                    Attached Files

Comment

Oh very Well(ie) done - At last, your name in print. Seriously clever getting GYO on the front page too.

Get back on that cloud sweetie you deserve it Well done. Kiss kiss
                      Last edited by scarey55; 27-08-2008, 04:45 PM.
                      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

As an ex-professional celebration cake maker, superb !!! Congrats
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

Aw Wellie. Well done my lovey. Please don't ever be normal - luvya just the way you are!
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

Ah, no - you see that's where you're wrong Scarey Clarey! I once got into a local Buckinghamshire paper,( for all the right reasons, I might add!) when I ran a pub in a previous life. I've still got the cutting somewhere in the shed I think!
                            Yes that was rather clever of Wellie with the GYO link, but what are friends for, eh?!

JanieB - you dark horse you! Thank you for your kind words... and hope the book is going well? I'd LOVE someone to come along and offer me a 'book deal' to write stories about my Flobalobs. Do you think that could ever happen in my wildest dreams?

Shirley. You see that's what I love about you Angel. Your affectionate honesty.....!

XXX

Comment

Well done Wellie!!! Not having access to piccies in work, I logged on spesh tonite to see them - and BOY was my frock blown up!! I'll bet you're really really proud of all your prizes (but will you be able to hand them back if you're "across the pond" by next show time?! )

Comment

The newspaper cake is absolutely fantastic Wellie! I'm sure they would have sent the photogarapher on the day if they'd known you were giving them a free plug, hope G.Y.O. appreciate your free plug for them too!
                                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X