No announcement yet.

i have cried enough to sink a ship

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will have a great time, I may even have to give you some "Twiglets & Prawn Cocktail crisps" to take to my sis, as this will be her first request lol!!!!!

By the time we go my eldest will be 15 and the twins will be 9, at least when they are older they will be able to amuse themselves on the long journey!

OOoooo i am dead jealous now, can i come in your suitcase pleeeease LOL x

Comment

Slight problem with the twiglets and prawn cocktail crisps food parcel we had the same idea for a xmas pressie then someone told us you cant take any food into NZ not even the nuts of the plane and you cant take anything out. So then I found out hotel choc does a choc hamper that you can send to Taz but then realized what the tempreture would be so Ive found a royal mint set of the new coins and a spode anniversary xmas plate as she likes her china so far

Comment

We will have to arrange to pick you up at toddington services as we drive past!!!

Comment

i know, but you can post food through though! you can take in Marmite and jarred stuff, but not fresh! my sis has just been asked at customs about bringing in stuff, you have to wash your trainers before going in, they wont have any mud only really clean things, thats includes the wheels on buggys as well.

Anything you want to know about taking or going in, let me know i will ask sis, she is an expert. Oh and no animal fur! she had to leave her sheepskin slippers here ha ha !! and she had even bought them there! they wont allow any animal stuff, but like i say its a lovely country and so pure, they dont want to get any Foot & Mouth or anything like that, cause its their livelihood.

anyway i am waffling, i am excited for you, hope you have a fab time, i bet you wont want to come back x

Comment

Su, our bestest friends went in April..... sigh It's taken a while but I feel ok now...silly me!
            Big big hugs for you!
            hope you are feeling a little better
            much love
            Sue
            xx

Comment

My daughter and he (then boyfriend,now husband) went off to travel for fourteen months around Australia, China, Thailand etc. twelve years ago. I wept buckets when they left, not so much for myself but the thought of my grandparents and great-grandparents generation where, once you had waved the ship away, you could be certain that was the last you would see of them.
              Letters took months to arrive and could only tell you that your loved ones were well when it was sent.
              Nowadays you can speak daily on the 'phone and an E-mail will arrive in seconds. Assuredly the world has shrunk tremendously.
              I am going to Australia in March for three weeks and I feel home-sick already!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X