No announcement yet.

Logging in/out?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it's like another site i go on ........ if you are logged in and using the site it shows you as online, if you aren't active for 5 mins it shows you as offline, and logs you out if you log into another pc.

could Andi have logged in from work or something?
    Last edited by lynda66; 18-08-2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
      Yes ......................But you are not always shown as on line.
      Quite often in the "early hours I have been the only one to be shown as a current user.
      Have you ever noticed there's a phantom user??!!I've sometimes noticed it'll say 3 members~yet only list 2!~gets a tad bit boring in the early hours!!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Oh yes, you showed me this the other week while we were waiting for the equestrian cross country. freaky. Come on, show yourselves.

Perhaps its the creator!
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Had to log in for the first time in months today and then when I clicked on the "new posts" bit it told me that there weren't any. This is clearly rubbish as I've not been logged on since yesterday morning and so when I looked in each of the directories, guess what, there were loads! Couldn't click on unread posts either as it didn't think there were any. Very annoying!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I expect the act of "logging in" was taken to be your "last activity" and thus the New Posts was reset to be anything after that time.

You can use Todays Posts instead, but you won't have the little to jump to the first un-read post in the thread.

I find it annoying too, and as a web site programmer think that this particular aspect is not handled well by the vBulletin forum software.
            Last edited by Kristen; 20-08-2008, 11:52 AM. Reason: Typo
            K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I think the site logs you out after 10 minutes of inactivity but the page you're seeing on your computer stays as is, so it looks as if you're still online and lit up. If you try to read or do a page refresh it catches up and you're offline

Comment

I was baking in the kitchen and computer inactive for way over 10 mins this a.m & no auto logoff~thinking it's down to gremlins!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X