No announcement yet.

To All Fellow Grapes in their Right Minds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother is left handed- the only one in the extended family.
    His wife didn't really notice until he fitted a kitchen in their new house...and all the doors opened the 'wrong' way!!!

When my kids were tiny and thinking about picking up a crayon, I used to leave the crayon exactly in the middle of the paper so they had no influence on which hand to use. ( they're both right handed in fact)
    Brother is of an age where he had to sit on his left hand at infant school!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Seem to use left and right hands equally? Same with left and right feet, I have no lead foot.
      help

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
        Seem to use left and right hands equally? Same with left and right feet, I have no lead foot.
        help
        Lead footed eh?
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

That would be the answer then ......my feet are to heavy!

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
            That would be the answer then ......my feet are to heavy!
            Yeah but which one decides to go first, or do you just pogo everywhere.

My OH is a lefty, but I try not to hold it against her. When is right handed person day?
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

My dear old Dad was ambidextrous? His signiture was exactly the same when written with either hand. Clever so and so that he was, he could also write copperplate style! Never needed a pen whilst playing bingo........just memorised all 15 numbers!
              The Doc wanted to give him a sick note cos he worked as a penpusher as he'd broken his hand............no, he ses. i'll just write with tuther

Died young at 58 though and I miss him dearly.......sorry to go all soppy!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My Dad is right handed when he writes (no other choice when he was a lad - if you wrote with your left you were 'spawn of the Devil' and left handed in everything sporting. so is my brother. all the women in the family are right handed. My eldest son is a lefty, my younger a righty and my husband was 'amphibious' as he put it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                  Yeah but which one decides to go first, or do you just pogo everywhere.

My OH is a lefty, but I try not to hold it against her. When is right handed person day?
                  Told son about this yesterday, he was most disappointed that lefties only get one day, when righties get 364 days ..... i'm mostly right handed, but use a mouse left handed and have an electric can opener, cos i can't use a right handed one, as i cant turn my right wrist, i can also write nearly as well with my left as my right, though i cant do my signature left handed ..... it is possible to mostly change handedness with practice and when you have to.

son was definitely left handed right from when he started to reach for things, he always favoured his left, and he's always been left footed too.

Comment

Am left handed but never felt the need to have left handed gadgets only time i had an issue was at home ecc at school the veg peelers they had were single blade ones and I couldn't use them always had to search home ecc dept. for the small veg knife. They have double bladed ones now.(happybunny at school)
                    The other time was at work trying to teach a right handed man with learning difficulties to peel spuds. Both myself and other staff member working in his home were lefties ended up phoning another house to get a right handed member of staff. Result!! within 15 minutes the guy was peeling spuds!!

Comment

My younger brother went to public school and got smacked over the knuckles for writing with his left hand, and that was in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
                        My younger brother went to public school and got smacked over the knuckles for writing with his left hand, and that was in the 90's.
                        So did I in the 60's! Not for writing with my left hand (although I fear that excuse would have satisfied the teachers sadistic tendencies) but for putting loops on my ell's etc! Secondary Modern mind, not public school!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X